Write to database

Support, Questions and Discussions on EventReporter

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Write to database

Postby AdrianSmith » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:08 pm

I set up Event Reporter on 3 application servers to write to a central database. I noticed that, on one of the servers, no EventID 102s were being written but they did exist in the Event Log.

I therefore dropped all rows from that particular host from the database, thinking that, as per the original setup, when I re-started the Event Reporter service I would get the older events re-written to the DB. This has not happened.

I have checked my Advanced Options under Configured Services and I don't have the 'Do not process existing entries on Service startup' option checked.

Any suggestions?

Adrian.
AdrianSmith
New

Postby rgerhards » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:06 pm

Inside the Event Log Monitor setting, please open the Advanced tab on the log on question. There is a setting "last record". It is used to keep track what part of the log has already been forwarded. Change that to zero, apply the changes and restart EventReporter.

It will then start forwarding from the beginning of the log. A link to the relevant manual page for that dialog is here:

http://www.eventreporter.com/en/Manual/ ... nitor1.htm

I hope this helps,
Rainer Gerhards
Adiscon
rgerhards
Site Admin

Thanks!

Postby AdrianSmith » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:20 pm

Excellent! Now why couldn't I find that? :oops:

Adrian.
AdrianSmith
New

Postby rgerhards » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:24 pm

No problem - I am glad it worked. The option is actually quite hidden because it is so seldomly used.

Rainer
rgerhards
Site Admin

Google Ads

Return to EventReporter