Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

Wishlist

Support, Questions and Discussions on MonitorWare Console

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Wishlist

Postby tosh » Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:30 pm

Hello

Can't think of anywhere else to post this, so here are my recommendations for the console - these are probably trivial, but will speed up my use of the console:

Double-clicking events in the event grid

To open an event, I have to double-click on the row marker, instead of clicking on the event row itself. It would be nice if I could double-click anywhere on the row to open an event.

F5 to refresh

In the event grid view

Event Row view as a popup window

Nice to have event row view as a popup window, rather than taking over the whole screen (something like a resizeable window, similar to eventvwr in Windows 2000

Graphing Diskspace usage

If I don't filter diskspace events, I get a nice view of my ever decreasing diskspace over time nice, but not important.

What may be more useful, is a calculation on the available data, as to when (what date in the future) i'll run out of diskspace on the specified volume.

That's all so far, I'll post more as they come to me.

Regards
tosh
Frequent Poster

Postby tosh » Thu May 01, 2003 11:26 am

Filter button in Events View

Would be nice to have a filter button (to filter on eventID for example) from the events view. I know the tree control already does this, maybe a second option may be quicker for people looking for specific events.

Editing the View Definition doesn't allow you to filter by text, eventID etc.
tosh
Frequent Poster

Postby Guest » Fri May 02, 2003 7:45 am

Hello Tosh,

Thank you for identifying some important features that can be added in the MonitorWare Console. We will try our level best to include all of them in the release version.

Best Regards
Wajih-ur-Rehman
Adiscon

Postby tosh » Fri May 02, 2003 5:21 pm

Can you also change the refresh behaviour

When pressing the refresh button, it closes and reopens the view, except not at the level you were before (e.g. drilling down to the server).

When using auto-refresh, the view isn't closed, just the current event view is refreshed. It would be nice if the refresh button, just refreshed the current view, rather than closing and reopening the view.

Thanks
tosh
Frequent Poster

Postby Guest » Mon May 05, 2003 7:14 am

You are right about the Refresh Functionality. When you press the refresh button, it closes the view and opens it up again and you are not at the same heirarchy level in the tree view. I just checked another thing about the Auto Refresh Feature. When you have the Auto Refresh Feature turned on, still you dont stay at the same heirarchy level. The data that you will see after the Auto Refresh will be the one from the Very top level field of that view (the name of the view) although the last selected hierarchy level is still selected in the tree view (which is a bug)

I have noted down your request and we will hopefully accomodate it in the final release.

Best Regards
Wajih-ur-Rehman
Adiscon

Postby tosh » Mon May 05, 2003 10:07 pm

thanks
tosh
Frequent Poster

Google Ads

Return to MonitorWare Console