Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

New Feature for rsyslog with ougoing netfilter mark

This is the place for developers to discuss bugs, new features and everything else about code changes.

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

New Feature for rsyslog with ougoing netfilter mark

Postby olibrius » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:01 pm

With network virtualization, routing based on IP addresses will not be easy because of multi-tenants configuration(meaning competition between ip address map).
It could be usefull to allow to mark packet going out with rsyslog (mark means set the mark tag in netfilter for outgoing packets as "-m " options in ping).

Would you consider to add this to rsyslog configuration options?

A possible syntax could be:
- @192.168.x.y:514 -m 0x0a
- @192.168.x.y:514 -m 10
- @192.168.x.y:514/0x0a
- @192.168.x.y:514/10

One of them would be enough
All of them would be great.

I don't know if my description is clear enough for you to understand what i propose.
If it is not, please feel free to ask, i would be happy to try to give you more explanations.

Sincerely Yours

Olivier
olibrius
New

Urgent Question?

• Pulling out your Hair?
  • Wasting Time and Money?
  • Deadline Approaching?

Re: New Feature for rsyslog with ougoing netfilter mark

Postby dlang » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:46 pm

My personal opinion is that you should not be modifying applications to work on your networks, especially if you are doing network virtualization you should have enough control over your network to not need to do things like this.

Please file a feature request at https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/issues and explain a bit more why this requires application changes.
dlang
Frequent Poster

Google Ads

Return to Developer's Corner