USB Flash drive crashes XP Pro

Windows XP and Windows 2000 related discussions

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

USB Flash drive crashes XP Pro

Postby Saint » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:28 am

The problem I am experiencing is that when ever I put a USB flash drive into any of the XP Pro computers on our network, the computer automaticly reboots. This is happening on the following computers, HP Compaq d220 MT, Vectra 310XE and IBM 6826-22M. The image of XP Pro has all hotfixes as well as the one relating to USB 2. I have not installed SP 2. Any ideas?

Thanks
Saint
New

Re: USB Flash drive crashes XP Pro

Postby yo01 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:56 am

I had the same problem after installing Alcohol 120% as well as Daemon Tools. In my case it was caused by virtual CD drivers interfering with ATAPI, I think.

Saint wrote:The problem I am experiencing is that when ever I put a USB flash drive into any of the XP Pro computers on our network, the computer automaticly reboots. This is happening on the following computers, HP Compaq d220 MT, Vectra 310XE and IBM 6826-22M. The image of XP Pro has all hotfixes as well as the one relating to USB 2. I have not installed SP 2. Any ideas?

Thanks
yo01

Same problem

Postby JF1 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:16 pm

I have the same problem, after installing Alcohol 120 my USB port crashes the system. Were you able to fix this???
JF1

Google Ads

Return to Windows-Expert