Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

The event reporter process could not open the Security log.

Support, Questions and Discussions on MonitorWare Agent

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

The event reporter process could not open the Security log.

Postby wsutphin » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:19 pm

Event Type: Error
Event Source: AdisconMonitoreWareAgent
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1003
Date: 10/12/2006
Time: 6:07:35 PM
User: N/A
Computer: foo
Description:
The event reporter process could not open the Security log. Please contact Adiscon support. Additional help might be available at http://www.adiscon.com/EventHelp.asp

Monitorware Agent 4.1.312

I attempted to create a support incident without success.

Identical error occurs with 4.2.315

Event Type: Error
Event Source: AdisconMonitoreWareAgent
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1003
Date: 10/12/2006
Time: 6:27:14 PM
User: N/A
Computer: foo
Description:
The event reporter process could not open the Security log. Please contact Adiscon support. Additional help might be available at http://www.adiscon.com/EventHelp.asp

Please advise as to corrective measures.

Thank you.

Bill
Last edited by wsutphin on Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wsutphin
New

Postby rgerhards » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:27 am

Hello Bill,

many thanks for your posting. I think there is an access permission problem involved. Is there another error message in the event log (probably it is a warning, which needs to be enabled in general options).

If this is not the case, we probably need a debug log. For security reasons, that should be handled via private conversation.

May I ask how you tried to open a support incident and what happend? You should address any incidents to support@adiscon.com. If you did this, probably some anti-spam measure was in the way. So I would appreciate to learn what happened.

Looking forward to your reply,
Rainer Gerhards
Adiscon
rgerhards
Site Admin

Postby wsutphin » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:17 pm

Hello Rainer,

I used the agent "Help, Request Support" link which invokes an adiscon page. The form provides email contact and problem description.

On the same channel with you as to permissions, hoping you have a fully patched 2003-R2 copy for lab work.

As always, thanks for you help.

Bill
wsutphin
New

Postby wsutphin » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:43 am

Thank you Adiscon for a timely resolution and your patience with my missing a point in the documentation.

Bill Sutphin
wsutphin
New

Postby gregarican » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:31 pm

I receive the same error trying to remotely monitor various System/Application/Security Event Logs on Win2K/2K3 servers. I can click on the Verify button in the config screen and it seems to work okay. But I see an endless stream of Event ID 1003 entries in my central Event Log. Looking at the basic docs I didn't run across anything blatantly pointing me in the right direction. Any suggestions?
gregarican
New

Postby gregarican » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:59 pm

Please disregard. I saw that the EventReporter service needed to run under my domain user account rather than the default LOCAL SERVICE account in order to remotely access the other servers. All is good :-)
gregarican
New

Google Ads

Return to MonitorWare Agent