No syslog records found

General discussions here

Google Ads

No syslog records found

Postby jkurpa » Thu May 28, 2015 8:43 pm

I am running an Oracle Linux OS and have successfully configured rsyslog to write data into a MySQL database. I can see data appearing in the SystemEvents table.

After installing LogAnalyzer and logging in, I can't see any of the syslog data in the MySQL database. The message says "No syslog records found". However the Statistics graphs seem to be working off of real data.

In the Log Analyzer GUI, I've tried to go into the Admin Center tab but am only shown the src/admin/index.php code. Based on the forum searches I've done, I think I'm supposed to be able to turn on debugging through here but alas I cannot. The code looks very nice but somehow I expected something else. :)

I see that other's have had the same issue but they either do not offer a solution or the "fix" doesn't work for me. I am extremely new to Linux and don't fully understand a lot of things.

Can anyone offer a solution? What attachments do you need? Thank you.
jkurpa
New

Urgent Question?

• Pulling out your Hair?
  • Wasting Time and Money?
  • Deadline Approaching?

Re: No syslog records found

Postby alorbach » Fri May 29, 2015 8:22 am

You can enable debug in your config.php unless you are using the UserDB System. Then you have to enable it using the Admin Center to turn it on.
For more detailed help I recommend our professional services ;).

best regards,
Andre Lorbach
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby jkurpa » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:11 pm

Thank you for your reply. :)

When clicking the Admin Center tab, I am presented with php code for the admin/index.php page.
Is this supposed to do this or is something with the gui not working properly?
jkurpa
New

Postby alorbach » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:12 am

If you see php code there is proberly no PHP extension installed on your webserver.

best regards,
Andre Lorbach
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby jkurpa » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:43 pm

I'm pretty new to Linux but I know I've installed php. I'm using it successfully with the myphpadmin software.

Can you help me figure out what I am missing?
jkurpa
New

Postby alorbach » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:32 pm

Still if you see php code there is something wrong with the webserver configuration.
If you are new to linux I recommend to use something like XAMPP which installs mysql/apche/php preconfigured.

best regards,
Andre
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby jkurpa » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:20 pm

I've already got Apache, MySQL and PHP installed and running. The syslogd is capturing things and storing them into my syslogdb database.

In searching around for answers, I've discovered that my logcon tables are all empty except for the logcon_users table in which I added my user ID so that at least I could use log into the Analyzer tool.

I see that the logcon_sources table is empty so it seems that I may need to insert information about the SystemEvents table even though I have made sure the config.php file has the correct table specified (with the upper case).

Any guidance on what columns I need to populate to add data to the logcon_sources table?
jkurpa
New

Postby jkurpa » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:01 pm

Ah..more progress.

I don't know why but I am now able to use the Admin Center and was able to select the Show Debug messages box.

Here is the error message that is being shown:

LogStreamDB|PrintDebugError: ER_BAD_FIELD_ERROR - Dynamically Adding field 'id' with Statement failed: 'ALTER TABLE 'SystemEvernts' ADD 'id' int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0''
Detail error: Duplicate column name 'id'
Error Code: 1060

What's that all about?
jkurpa
New

Postby jkurpa » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:01 pm

Finally, it's working. Here's what I just did:

In my previous attempts to correct this, I uncommented a line in the config.php ($CFG['Columns']..etc). So I commented it back. When I finished (I suspect this may have been the default originally) only the $CFG['DefaultViewsID'] = ""; was used:

// --- Define which fields you want to see
$CFG['ShowMessage'] = true; // If enabled, the Message column will be appended to the columns list.
//Eventlog based fields: $CFG['Columns'] = array ( SYSLOG_DATE, SYSLOG_HOST, SYSLOG_EVENT_LOGTYPE, SYSLOG_EVENT_SOURCE, /*SYSLOG_EVENT_CATEGORY, */ SYSLOG_EVENT_ID, SYSLOG_MESSAGE );
// $CFG['Columns'] = array (SYSLOG_DATE, SYSLOG_FACILITY, SYSLOG_SEVERITY, SYSLOG_HOST, SYSLOG_SYSLOGTAG, SYSLOG_MESSAGETYPE, SYSLOG_MESSAGE );
$CFG['DefaultViewsID'] = "";

This resulted in a new error:

LogStreamDB|CreateMainSQLQuery: Created SQL Query:
SELECT id, devicereportedtime, facility, priority, fromhost, syslogtag, processed, infounitid, message FROM 'SystemEvents' ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 100

I decided it may be a column mapping issue and deleted my previous entries from the logcon_dbmappings table and added a new one. The new one mapped the above columns in the SELECT statement with the columns of my SystemEvents table.

Here's my SystemEvents table columns:
seq
FromHost
Facility
Priority
DeviceReportedTime
ReceivedAt
InfoUnitID
SysLogTag
Here is what I added to the logcon_dbmappings table:

insert into logcon_dbmappings(ID,DisplayName,Mappings) values(1,rsyslogd,'ID=>seq,devicereportedtime=>DeviceReportedTime,facility=>Facility,priority=>Priority,fromhost=>FromHost,syslogtab=>SysLogTag,infounitid=>InfoUnitID,message=>Message');

Now suddenly I am getting syslog data in the 'Show Events' tab.
jkurpa
New

Postby jaimet561 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:10 pm

Hello Guys,

Is it possible to view records from any database or they have to be rsyslog records?
Does the encoding has to do anything with the error "The configured table could not be found"?
I have the correct table name.

Can anyone help?
jaimet561
Avarage

Google Ads

Return to General