Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

Problem with vista connecting to my domain

Discussions on Microsoft's new server operating system. This works in conjunction with the http://www.windows-expert.net web pages.

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Problem with vista connecting to my domain

Postby tecmeister » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:57 am

I have created a domain, and the XP computers connect fine.
Vista is coming up with a error when i try to connect.
This is the error that im getting:

An attempt to resolve the DNS name of the DC in the domain being joined has failed. Please vertify this client is configured to reach a DNS server that can resolve DNS names in the target domain.

Please would you be able to advise me to fix the problem.

Thanks for your help,

tecmeister
tecmeister
New

Postby tecmeister » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:06 am

I have fixed the problem long time ago and i see that know one attempted o help me at all.

This has got to be the most helpful forum ever................................................................................................................................
NOT
tecmeister
New

Postby friedl » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:27 am

Um sorry, but you sent this email on friday. There was a holiday here in germany, so we all had a free day. In addition, we had a holiday yesterday, so today is the first day we work again. Sorry, that we have our own lifes, too and would like to spend the holidays with our families.

Further, so how long ago have you fixed the problem? Can't bee too long anyway, when seeing that you sent the email on friday and complaining about getting no response on monday. Were there no holidays where you live? This is not a very polite behaviour.

Anyway, if you want this forum to be more useful, then enlighten us about how you found the reason for this issue and how you solved it. Thanks.

Regards,
Florian
friedl
Adiscon Support

Google Ads

Return to Windows Server 2003