Reporting only specific events

Support, Questions and Discussions on MoniLog

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Reporting only specific events

Postby JAppel » Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:42 pm

Is there any way to exclude all events from reporting EXCEPT those specified in the Include field? If so, what would the syntax be?

Perhaps I'm using the wrong product (Monilog), but I am trying to generate reports that only display specific events, such as PIX-5-111001 messages or just specific Widows event IDs. We would like to be able to log all events, and have certain security and system event reports generated more frequently.

Thanks,

J.
JAppel

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:08 am

Dear J.

You can remove all the occurances of a specific event id using the procedure described in:

http://www.monilog.com/en/FAQ/Removing-Specific-Event-Completely.ASP

But removing all others except those in which you are interested in is not possible.

You can, however, try our latest product "MonitorWare Console" which includes very powerful reports and a powerful filter engine as well. You can apply all sorts of filters (including the one that you are asking for). It also contains a Views module, in which you can define powerfulful views which have the option of drilling down and on top of that you can also set the AutoRefresh mode of a view.

There are some other tools also available in MonitorWare Console.

If you are interested in MonitorWare Console, you can download the free evaluation copy from the following link:

http://www.mwconsole.com/en/

Best Regards
Wajih-ur-Rehman

Postby agrigorof » Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:27 pm

There is a trick you can use to only report the events in the Include section. Uncheck all the event types (i.e. Error, Warning, etc...) like you would not want them reported. Because the "Include" overwrites the exclusion criteria, the events that contain your keywords will be reported.
agrigorof

Postby JAppel » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:14 pm

Thanks. These will help.
JAppel

Google Ads

Return to MoniLog