Scheduled Report not running.

Support, Questions and Discussions on MoniLog

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Scheduled Report not running.

Postby peterjwest » Tue May 06, 2003 2:58 pm

Hi,

We're running MoniLog 2.0.140 and i'm having problems getting the scheduled report to run.

I have set up 4 different profiles and configured both the scheduler and e-mail sections of the profile appropriately. Testing these using the Analyse Now button seems to work fine but the scheduled version never runs.

I've checked the location where the report should be generated and note that at the time specified neither the contents of the folder or the debug.log file changes at all. This suggests that the job simply isn't firing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pete
peterjwest

Postby alorbach » Tue May 06, 2003 4:37 pm

Hi,

please take a look into the Application Eventlog if you have an error 150 from the Monilog Service. If yes, please verify if this Thread solves your problem: http://forum.adiscon.com/viewtopic.php?t=82
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby peterjwest » Wed May 07, 2003 3:20 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Andre.

I checked the Application Event Log and sure enough there was an error 150 - although the message used to describe it is different. It says 'Unknown error occurred. See the details below. Invalid class string.

I have checked the permissions on both the location of the log files and also the location of the generated reports and both have Everyone set to have Full Permission and also SYSTEM to have full permision.

The Service is set to logon using the local account.

Do you have any further suggestions?

Regards

Pete
peterjwest

Postby alorbach » Wed May 07, 2003 3:24 pm

Hrm strange error message. It is the first time I see it.
Could you please check the exact version number of monilog.dll (located in Monilog folder)? I just want to verify if it is the latest version.
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby peterjwest » Wed May 07, 2003 4:42 pm

Hi again,

I've checke the DLL file and it's version is 2.16.0.0

Regards

Pete
peterjwest

Postby agrigorof » Wed May 07, 2003 5:02 pm

Typically, when the reports run fine using "Analyze Now" button but not when they are scheduled, the problem is with the permissions of the account used by the MoniLog service. By default the service runs with the local System account. If the logs are located on a network share then the System account won't be able access them. The solution would be to configure the MoniLog service to run with a user account that has at least read rights to the logs' location. Also, if the logs are on a remote share, the location has to be specified using a UNC path:

\\server_name\share_name\logs_location

vs.

L:\logs_location

as the drive mapping is specific to the current user.

Please verify that the service has the permission to access the logs. If it does but scheduling still doesn't work please email the debug.log file to support@adiscon.com (the debug.log file is located under the directory configured for reports). Make sure that the debug.log file is the one created by the attempt to run the scheduled reports and not by an "Analyze Now" one.
agrigorof

Postby alorbach » Wed May 07, 2003 5:26 pm

Hi,

in a next step, could you send me your settings as registry export and some sample lines of your syslog logfiles to support@adiscon.com?

The registry key is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adiscon\MoniLog
alorbach
Site Admin

Google Ads

Return to MoniLog