Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

Publishing error: Cannot send to other servers...

Support, Questions and Discussions on NewsMerge

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Publishing error: Cannot send to other servers...

Postby KanaFantasy » Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:10 am

Hey there,

I'm having trouble publishing with NewsMerge. I use a POP3 address (mail-list@ultimategamez.com) to publish the list, and am currently undergoing staff testing. However, when I try to send issues out to staffers who don't use an email address with the @ultimategamez.com server, I get an error with the code 551, saying that the user isn't local and that relaying from me isn't permitted. This only occurs with external addresses (Hotmail, addies from ISPs, other web-based addies, etc.) but not with @ultimategamez.com addresses. Thanks for your time! :o
KanaFantasy

Postby lkoch » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:53 am

Hi!

I think that might solve your issue:
In the options, on the "publish" tab you'd have to check "Use SMTP Authentication". If your username and password are the same as your POP3 username and password, check "Use Username and Password from POP3"
And if they aren't, set the SMTP username and password.
If you use SMTP Authentication to connect to your mailserver, it will allow you to relay the messages to other (non-local)recipients.
lkoch

Postby KanaFantasy » Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:29 am

Thanks, this cleared the problem up.
KanaFantasy

Google Ads

Return to NewsMerge