My server is low free disk space

Discussions on Microsoft's new server operating system. This works in conjunction with the http://www.windows-expert.net web pages.

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

My server is low free disk space

Postby solideguide » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:48 am

Dear !

My server, Windows server 2003, has two hot-plug hard drives. The one, 72.8 GB, is divided into partition; the first partition, 30 GB is for the system, and the second partition, 42GB is for user directory and profiles. And the second hard disk is used for data and software. But recently, my system is low free disk space. Can I resize my system drive from the second hard disk? if how can?

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks in advanced.

Best regard
solideguide
New

Postby alorbach » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:55 am

Hi,

this is very difficult do to. There are tools out like Partition Magic who can resize partitions, but it can be a very dangerous process. I would NOT recommend it.

I would recommend to verify which folders take so much space, and may move data to the other partitions. Or compress Weblogfiles for example.

regards,
Andre
alorbach
Site Admin

Resizing the installed drive.

Postby pradeep6777 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:17 pm

Hi ,

You can do but you need additional disk . First by the help of Norton Ghost tool take the complet image and restore into New Disk and after putting that disk in to live you can use exising drive as an additional disk.

This tool helps you in copying the exact copy of C drive but its time cosuming process.

Its successful method to avoid this kind of situation.

Cheers,
Ranjith.
pradeep6777
New

Google Ads

Return to Windows Server 2003