User failed to log on, could not access the ho

Discuss Windows Event Log events. What they mean, what they tell you about your machine's security ... and whatever questions else you have.

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

User failed to log on, could not access the ho

Postby Willsey4 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:19 pm

Hi

I am new to this server business so please forgive me if I sound really stupid. I have used Windows servers before but am having great difficulty configurating my Windows Server 2003 Standard X64 Edition.

Right: I have created my website folder, created the ftp folder and created the user account. Everything looks fine (the same as another server I use). I have activated the Default Filter Rules to turn on the ports. A domain name points to that address and works fine (http://www.focuswebs.co.uk/).

However I can not FTP using Internet Exploer to any site I have created or using the administrator account. I enter the correct username and password yet it will not accept this. When I look at the system event viewer and view the warning it says "User Administrator failed to log on, could not access the home directory /."

Can anyone shed some light on this? It is probably something very simple but I have no idea!

Thanks
Willsey4
New

Google Ads

Return to Windows Events