Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

Event ID 10005

Discuss Windows Event Log events. What they mean, what they tell you about your machine's security ... and whatever questions else you have.

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Event ID 10005

Postby colmat76 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:07 am

Hi all,
I tried to turn on my laptop (WIN XP home), but the OS does not start. I tried System Restore and Last Known good configuration with no success.
I can only boot in Safe Mode.
I checked event viewer and I got this Event ID 10005, Source is DCOM and the message is the following:
DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

I did not add any new device the last time I used the PC. I checked Event Viewer and everything seems to be fine.
Run chkdsk and no error was found.
Do not really know what to do.
Hope somebody can help.
Thanks
colmat76
New

Postby friedl » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:29 pm

Hello.

The Event you mention doesn't mean anything in this case. I think this is not related to your Windows XP not starting. It simply says that the service will not run in safe mode (which is right now the only thing working for you).

Without any Error or Event pointing to what is failing, it is very hard to find out what is wrong.

What happens when Windows boots up. Is the loading screen showing? Do you get a bluescreen? Or does it make restarts directly after the loading screen?

This could be just anything.

Best regards,

Florian Riedl
friedl
Adiscon Support

Postby colmat76 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:39 am

Hi Florian,
the computer stops booting when the windows logo with the green bar appears. The bar keeps on moving, but it seems like the computer freezes.
I can only boot in safe mode.
Beside the 10005 error, there is also a 7026 error generated by Service Control Manager. Here is the text of the error:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
ASPI32
cdudf_xp
Fips
Processor
VET-FILT
VET-REC
VETEFILE
VETMONNT
Thanks in advance for the help.
colmat76
New