Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

Password Length issue/error on 2003 server / iis6

Support, Questions and Discussions on PasswordManager

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Password Length issue/error on 2003 server / iis6

Postby cangerame » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:34 am

Hello,

I am a previous customer and have download a recent copy to get working on our 2003 server. On our 2000 domain we have no issues. However with 2003 Server we recieve the following erorr after trying to change password:

Error: new password is to short. Use a longer one.

I have confirmed that my globla security policy is set for '1' character password. I have tried this with up to 22 characters in the new password - still nothing. any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
-Chris
cangerame

Postby alorbach » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:49 pm

Hi,

Passwordmanager only reflects the error messages given from the System/Domain Controller. So there is nothing we can do on the Password manager side.

I would recommend that you go through all domain, domain controller policies, specially the "Password Policy"->"Minimum password length".

best regards,
Andre Lorbach
alorbach
Site Admin

Registry changes for password change enable over web??

Postby cangerame » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:12 pm

Domain policy has been checked, verified and confirmed! Changes made make no difference.

Does anyone know if there are any registry changes that should be made in 2003 server to 'enable' password changes over web? I thought this was required in 2000 in order to get things running.

-Chris
cangerame

Incorrect Error Message Returned

Postby bgalaz » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:58 am

It would be fine if it ONLY showed the error code, but its responding back to the user that the password is too short, when it actually is violating a different policy, such as in our case they can only change the password once a day. If you just output the error code, we can handle what the user sees as an error message with the MyResultPage.asp, but your output says:

Error: new password is to short. Use a longer one.

Then after 15 seconds is redirects to the MyResultsPage.asp and the correct message is shown, but it is too late because the user is already confused. Is this going to be fixed?

Thanks!
bgalaz
New

Postby alorbach » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:39 pm

Hi,

are you using Passwordmanager in registered mode or in demo mode?
Because when you use the registered Version of Passwordmanager, you will be directly redirected to your custom result page.

best regards,
Andre Lorbach
alorbach
Site Admin

Google Ads

Return to PasswordManager