Company Name and other merge field questions

Support, Questions and Discussions on NewsMerge

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Company Name and other merge field questions

Postby Douglas Hill » Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:55 am

Is it possible for me to use Company Name as a merge field? If not, will you put it into the String List? I know I could use a custom field for that, but I would like to use the fields as they are designed: it is so much easier to keep track that way.

Also, will it be possible soon for the user to program field headers,, or more usefully, conditional fields, or at least to set the string list up so we can use more types of conditional fields? The current string list is very limited; for example, if you want to use a conditional argument at present, you can use only one first name or one last name as a condition. What about making it more flexible by setting up the custom fields as the conditions if you are not ready to open up the syntax?

Or am I missing something?

Douglas Hill
Douglas Hill

Postby alorbach » Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:35 am

Hi,

I agree it would be a useful addition to make the company field available in the string list as well.

Regarding the conditions. The two given conditions with Firstname and Lastname are just samples. I know that the documentation about how to use the Strings / conditions is not very well.

But you could also use the custom fields with conditions, see this example:

Code: Select all
<% if CustomField1 == "" then %>TEXT IF EMPTY<% else %>TEXT IF NOT EMPTY<% endif %>

<% if CustomField2 == "" then %>TEXT IF EMPTY<% else %>TEXT IF NOT EMPTY<% endif %>

<% if CustomField3 == "" then %>TEXT IF EMPTY<% else %>TEXT IF NOT EMPTY<% endif %>

You can also use other things instead of only checking empty text

Code: Select all
<% if CustomField1 == "SomeThing" then %>TEXT IF = SomeThing<% else %>TEXT IF NOT = SomeThing<% endif %>
alorbach
Site Admin

Google Ads

Return to NewsMerge