Is there any way to test file monitor windows agent trial?

Forum for the RSyslog Windows Agent. Here you can ask all questions regarding installation, configuration or occuring problems.

Moderator: rgerhards

Google Ads

Is there any way to test file monitor windows agent trial?

Postby Clasmir » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:56 pm

Hello, I'm attempting to test the windows agent's ability to monitor a flat file and send it to a remote syslog server but I'm getting an error stating that my license won't allow it. I have none. Just installed it today and was hoping to use the 30 day trial.

Is there something I need to do to activate the 30 day license? The server's where I am installing have NO outside access.
Clasmir
New

Re: Is there any way to test file monitor windows agent tria

Postby friedl » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:57 am

Can you please check in the configuration client in the lower left corner if it still says "Trial period, days left xx"?

There should also be a Windows Event with ID 118 and text as follows:
RSyslog Windows Agent (4 . 3 . 177) is running in trial mode.
You have 29 days left for evaluation. After that period, RSyslog Windows Agent will be disabled. To purchase, please visit

The trial, while valid, should definately allow you to try out the full feature set. I verified already on a test machine that it works fine.
friedl
Adiscon Support

Postby Clasmir » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:30 pm

I suspect that because this windows server has NO internet access... I'm borked.

My status says: "Trial period expired or invalid license(wrong version?)!"

This is after day 1 of installing it. Is there a way to do this from behind a firewall? I'd rather not buy a license just to test this if possible. :(
Clasmir
New

Postby Clasmir » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:37 pm

Ok so more information. I located the event log and IT says the following:

"RSyslog Windows Agent (4 . 3 . 177) is running in trial mode.
You have 29 days left for evaluation. After that period, RSyslog Windows Agent will be disabled. To purchase, please visit http://www.rsyslog.com/windows-agent/ ."

So I restarted the client and NOW it says the correct status in the bottom left.

My apologies for not catching this.
Clasmir
New

Google Ads

Return to Windows Agent