Problems creating custom catagories

Support, Questions and Discussions on PocketPasswords

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Problems creating custom catagories

Postby dbweber » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:01 pm

I purchased PocketPasswords and am trying to create my own catagories. Everything seems to be going well until I get to the point where I copy my new .xml files back to the mobile device. The process I used is the following: I turned encryption off, copied the .xml files to my PC, created the new files, and copied them back to my mobile device. According to the instructions, I need to then restart PocketPasswords. In order to log off, it appears I must have encryption turned on, which then prompts me to create a password. I create the password, log off, and then I can't get back in - it says the password is incorrect. The only way to recover seems to be to uninstall the application and reinstall again. I've tried this three times, and each time I get the same error and can't get back into the program. What am I doing wrong?
dbweber
New

Postby alorbach » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:31 pm

Hi,

first of all, have you created an backup of your original xml files (encrypted or unencrypted)?

If yes do the following:
1. Uninstall PocketPasswords and delete the PocketPasswords directory.
2. Install PocketPasswords again and start it. Create a password only if your backup fiels are encrypted, else don't use a password.
3. Close PocketPasswords, or to be 100% sure make a soft reboot.
4. Copy your backupped files back and start PocketPasswords.

I hope this helps.

best regards,
Andre
alorbach
Site Admin

Google Ads

Return to PocketPasswords