Automatic install on multiple machines

Everything which is related to the installation of phpLogCon.

Google Ads

Automatic install on multiple machines

Postby pingsave » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:25 am

Dear All,

I currently try to install loganalyzer 3.6.5. [1] to a couple of Ubuntu Linux servers. We use debian packages (deb) for this purpose, and so I tried to create a deb file which just copies the installed and configured loganalyzer to all machines.
(The mysql/apache setup is exactly the same on all machines, so are the paths.)
I tried to do this by installing loganalyzer to '/var/www/logs' on one machine by hand and then to copy the whole directory in the deb-file to the other machines.

However, even if the installation is running fine on the test machine on which I installed loganalyzer by hand (following the instructions given in the "INSTALL" file), it shows an error message after I've copied the contents of '/var/www/logs' directory:
The current installed database version is '0'.
An update to version '10' is available.

Is there a possibility to copy/clone an installation of loganalyer? Or to perform all the configurations steps by hand?

[1] http://download.adiscon.com/loganalyzer/loganalyzer-3.6.5.tar.gz
pingsave
New

Urgent Question?

• Pulling out your Hair?
  • Wasting Time and Money?
  • Deadline Approaching?

Re: Automatic install on multiple machines

Postby alorbach » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:06 am

It should be possible to clone the installations, you will need to include the generated config.php into your deb files.

best regards,
Andre Lorbach
alorbach
Site Admin

Re: Automatic install on multiple machines

Postby pingsave » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:47 pm

Sorry, didn't saw the response...

I tried by copiing the config.php file. In fact, I've copied the whole directory, but this resulted in the error described above.
The versions of the mysql Database used are the same, so I do not know, where this error comes from...
pingsave
New

Google Ads

Return to Installation