Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

I cannot open Monotorware console

Support, Questions and Discussions on MonitorWare Console

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

I cannot open Monotorware console

Postby asingh » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:13 am

I am a new user just installed winsyslog to see my PIX reports. Syslog is capturing data, but I cannot make MW to open.

It is giving database doesn't exist or permission general error.
Any help?

thanks

new user
asingh

Postby tsiddique » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:32 am

Hello,

Many thanks for contacting Adiscon Support and for using our products. Can you make sure that your MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) version is the latest? If not then please install the latest version and it should work after that.

The latest version is MDAC 2.8. It contains core Data Access components such as the Microsoft SQL Server, OLE DB provider and ODBC driver. You can download it from the following URL:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

I would also recommend you to go through the contents of the following URL. Browse to the section that says "Six Cases that can happen when starting MonitorWare Console".

http://www.adiscon.org/manuals/MWConsole20.pdf

If you got the latest version of MDAC and things are still not working, we can further investigate into the issue. If you have further queries don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
Tamsila Siddique.
Adiscon.
tsiddique
Advanced

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:50 pm

Now I can open the console but PIX reports don't get any information. I am using log files for now.

Any suggestion

Postby wrehman » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:22 am

Hello,

The log file must contain a specific format that console can understand. Here is a link that will tell you that how you should configure your write to file action:

http://www.adiscon.org/manuals/MWConsole20.pdf
go to: Pix Reporting Module

I hope this will solve your problem.

Best Regards
Wajih
Adiscon
wrehman
Adiscon Support

PIX Reports

Postby asingh » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:51 pm

My log settings are the same as you suggested. But same result. Is there any support number I can call. This is really frustrating
asingh

Postby wrehman » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:32 am

Hello,

Please do the following:

1. Check that you select "AdisconParserForPIX" for generating the PIX reports in "Log File Reports" tab before hitting the "Generate Report" button.

2. Set the Reports Filters to "records posted in last month". By default it is set to "records posted in last 24 hours". Probably nothing had been logged in the last 24 hours.

3. Make sure that you have correctly spelled the Log File Prefix and the log file Path.

4. Generate the report.

5. If you still empty report, go to Windows Event Log and see the application Log. Do you see any errors logged by Console. If yes, kindly send me the text of the error.

If still your problem is not solved after following the above 5 steps, then i will call you. Kindly let me know if the problem is solved or not by sending an email on support@adiscon.com. Please use the subject as "Empty PIX Reports". Please send me the following information in that email:

1. Version of console you are using. Help->about
2. Attach the log file (after zipping it) on which you are trying to generate the reports from console.
3. Your complete telephone number
4. Mention the country where you live along with your UTC offset
5. When will you be available?

Regards
Wajih
Adiscon
wrehman
Adiscon Support

PIX Reports

Postby ajsingh » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:00 pm

I had sent you an email with log file. Please help.

Thanks
ajsingh

Postby wrehman » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:09 am

hello,

i cant find your ticket. Can you kindly send me your ticket id.?
wrehman
Adiscon Support

PIX Reports Adiscon [5727--cda4f87]

Postby ajsingh » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:32 am

I bought this tool to get my reporting working, but its been over a month and first it was winsyslog erroring out, and now Montior console would not read any report..

Please send me an email if you like me to call you. I already sent you the FW log and done everything you suggested.
ajsingh

Postby tsiddique » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:11 am

Dear AJ,

Many thanks for contacting Adiscon Support. Sorry for the inconvenience :oops: !

Would you please look into the Windows EventLog and let us know that what error have been logged there by WinSyslog and MonitorWare Console?

The following URL would give you a better understanding of the licensing structure:

- An Overview of MonitorWare Console 2.0 License structure
http://www.mwconsole.com/Common/en/Arti ... ucture.php

If you are during the evaluation process of MonitorWare Console I can request the concerned department to send you trial extender keys.

Please note that I wouldn't be posting the license key at the forum as it would be a kind of public announcement :) . Send an email with the subject "MW Console - Trial Extender Keys" to support@adiscon.com. This will help me differentiate your ticket from the rest of the tickets.

I am awaiting for your reply. If you have further queries don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
Tamsila Siddique.
Adiscon
tsiddique
Advanced

PIX reports

Postby ajsingh » Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:21 am

I have already purchased this plus 2 years support. I tried all suggestion on your earlier posts, and there is not event ID related to monitorware console.

I just sent fw log and version information with my cell phone via email to you.

Thanks
aj
ajsingh

Postby mmeckelein » Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:17 pm

Dear AJ,

I have already replied to your ticket earlier today. As I wrote there, we have not received the log file. I would suggest taking the steps mentioned in the ticket reply.

Once again, apologize for that trouble.

Best regards,
Michael Meckelein
Adiscon
mmeckelein
Adiscon Support

Google Ads

Return to MonitorWare Console