loganalyzer display white space at start of message details

You need additional help with phplogcon, then write into this forum.

Google Ads

loganalyzer display white space at start of message details

Postby jervine » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:06 am

As a kind of follow-up to a question I posted in the rsyslog-configuration forum yesterday, can loganalyzer display white space at the start of a message details?

I have some Cisco Voice Gateways logging to rsyslog which in turn saves to a MySQL database. Loganalyzer uses this MySQL database as a log source. Some messages from the Cisco devices are indented, and arrive with \t prefixing the message details. This is correctly processed by rsyslog with EscapeControlCharactersOnReceive set to 'off'. I now have some MySQL message records prefixed with white space (the [Tab]s are converted to multiple spaces as far as I can tell).

I'd like loganalyzer to display the message details with these white spaces, as it makes viewing the received syslog messages much easier to parse, as the indenting helps to mark out sepcific Voice Gateway transactions/events (that can span multiple syslog messages). Is there a simple setting somewhere or easy edit to a php or html page that can do this?

Thanks,
Jon
jervine
New

Urgent Question?

• Pulling out your Hair?
  • Wasting Time and Money?
  • Deadline Approaching?

Re: loganalyzer display white space at start of message deta

Postby jervine » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:09 am

OK - replying to myself here. I 'worked around' this issue by having the \t parts of received messages converted to #011 ASCII code, which I think is the default setting. I then added a new piece of PHP code that would interpret any instance of #011 appearing so that it is converted to &emsp which when displayed in a browser is a white space (in fact I actually doubled this up, so that one #011 was displayed as two &emsp entries).

I added an extra function call in index.php so that the GetStringWithHTMLCodes is passed through my new function first of all. Not ideal, but a working solution for me.

Jon
jervine
New

Google Ads

Return to Help