MonitorWare Database Update Utility Error

Support, Questions and Discussions on MonitorWare Console

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

MonitorWare Database Update Utility Error

Postby teknam » Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:50 am

I'm having the following error when I try to logon on MonitorWare Console :

Either you are connecting to a database that is not MonitorWare Database or you don't have sufficient permissions. If the database is correct, then consult your administrator for permissions.

I'm using MonitorWare Agent 2.0 SP1 and MonitorWare Console 1.1.
Computer A is running Windows 2000 Server SP4 with Agent + Console
Computer B is running Windows 2000 Server SP4 with Agent + MSSQL2000.

I have configure both Agent to forward events to computer A.
Computer A have a DSN called MonitorWareWindows, use a SQL user call MonitorWare and stock the data in the SQL 2000 Database on Computer B. This part works ok, the events is sent in the Database. User MonitorWare has db_owner right on that DB.

Now I want to create reports from this Database. I open MonitorWare Console, Edit Database Connection, enter MonitorWareWindows as DSN with MonitorWare as username. When I click on OK, it gives me the error message above. I found different article in this forum regarding this problem, but nothing seems to work for me.

I dowloaded MonitorWareDatabaseUpdater, it gives me the same error when I try to update. Then I updated the Database manually using SQL Query Analyzer and the txt files included in MonitorWareDatabaseUpdater. The update works ok but I can't still not login.

Then, I try to change the authentication in the DSN from SQL to Windows. Test Data Sources work ok, but still the same problem with Console.

Please help!!!
teknam
New

Postby wrehman » Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:22 am

Hello,

I have replied to your ticket in the ticket system.

Regards
Wajih
Adsicon
wrehman
Adiscon Support

Monitor ware

Postby asingh » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:29 am

I have the same problem, but I am using Access. It would not let me open the console on this machine.
asingh

Postby tsiddique » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:00 am

Hello,

Many thanks for contacting Adiscon Support and for using our product.

"Either you are connecting to a database that is not MonitorWare Database or you don't have sufficient permissions. If the database is correct, then consult your administrator for permissions."

comes only when MonitorWare Console is not able to find the table "SystemEvents" in the database to which your DSN is pointing to. Can you please do the following thigns again (just to double check).

1. Create System DSN (using Windows Authentication for SQL Server)
2. Check that the DSN points to the correct database
3. Give the name of this DSN in Console by going to "Edit Databse Connections" and leave the user name and password as blank (since you will create DSN using windows authentication, you will not need any username and password.)
4. Press OK, it will take you to the main dialog box and press OK again to enter console

Also make sure that you have got the latest MDAC. Please let me know about the results. If you have further queries don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards
Tamsila Siddique
Adiscon
tsiddique
Advanced

Google Ads

Return to MonitorWare Console