ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server

Support, Questions and Discussions on MonitorWare Console

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server

Postby Naveed » Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:17 pm

Hi there,

I am getting this Error message when i go to NTService Event monitor in MWConsole (1.1 version):

"ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The text, ntext, and image data types are invalid in this subquery or aggregate expression."

and when i close the error window, i get this:
"Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The text, ntext, and image data types are invalid in this subquery or aggregate expression. at Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(IntPtr hHandle, SQL_HANDLE hType, RETCODE retcode) at Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteScalar() at Adiscon.MonitorWare.Console.EventViewForm.getNodeCount(String query)
"

Could you please help me to resolve this.

Thanks

Naveed
naveed.c@Quadnet.co.uk[/url]
Naveed
New

Postby wrehman » Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:56 am

Hello Naveed,

Some questions:

1. Which Database are you using? (As a side note, if you are using Access for your production environment, then you might face some efficiency issues as well since there are some known performance issues with Access once the DB size grows. I would suggest that you either move to MySQL, which is also free, or shift to SQL Server.)
2. Does this error come with every view?
3. Please specify the *exact* sequence that produces this exception
4. I would also advice to download the latest version 2.0 final

Regards
Wajih
Adiscon
wrehman
Adiscon Support

Google Ads

Return to MonitorWare Console