Errorcode 9 Desciption: Monilog Analyse called exit()

Support, Questions and Discussions on MoniLog

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Errorcode 9 Desciption: Monilog Analyse called exit()

Postby Hamid » Thu May 29, 2003 3:22 pm

Hi

I installed and configured MonitorWare agent and Mnilog Client in the same PC everything seems perfect but when I try to Analyse now from the Monilog Client I receive the following message:
Errorcode 9
Description: Monilog:: Analysis called exit().

If anyone could help.
Hamid

Postby wrehman » Fri May 30, 2003 5:38 am

Dear Hamid,

Please ensure that when you are defining the Event Log Monitor Service in the MonitorWare Agent, you click on configure for Monilog. Also if you could kindly tell whether you are logging the events from the MWAgent into a file or into a database, that would also be helpful in solving your problem

In any case, kindly send a snapshot of Monilog Client's General Tab. That would really help us in determining the exact cause of the problem

Best Regards
Wajih-ur-Rehman
Adiscon
wrehman
Adiscon Support

Monilog

Postby Hamid » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:50 pm

Hello wrehman

I finally solved my problem, while creating a profile and edit it I selected report locations but I didn't click on apply it may be stupid but this solved my problem.
Many thanks

Hamid
Hamid

Monilog

Postby Hamid » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:57 pm

Hello Wrehman

I just want to know if there is a way to record each event(system, application and security) in a file separately I am using Winsyslog, eventreporter and monilog to do that, I tried tu use different facilities(local 0, local1 etc...) without success. So if there is anything to solve this problem I really appreciate your help.

Many thanks

Hamid
Hamid

Postby alorbach » Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:36 pm

Dear Hamid,

There is no direct way of doing what you want (storing different event logs to different files). But you can do it indirectly by using the following steps:

1. In EventReporter, check the check box that says "Add Logtype". Press apply button.
2. In the WinSyslog, you have the ability of applying mutiple Rules within a specific Rule Set. Create, for example, a Rule for Logging the Application Events in a file. For this Rule, create a filter like shown in the following image:

And the action corresponding to it would be "log to file" as shown in the following picture:

Notice the fileName with Application appended to it.

Now this is how it will work. Since in the first step, in EventReporter, you have checked "include logtype", so the messages that are coming to this syslog WILL contain the Event Log type. In the winsyslog you have defined above that IF the message contains Application, THEN write it in the WinSyslogApplication file.

3. Create same rules for other Event Log types.

4. Restart both EventReporter and WinSyslog Service.

5. You would see different files for differnt Event Log Types in the specified directory.

Now you can configure monilog to pick the data from any file that you like.

Hope this explains. If you have any other question, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards
Wajih-ur-Rehman
Adiscon

*Posted by Andre Lorbach
alorbach
Site Admin

MoniLog Error 9-Analuze Call Exit

Postby Ajey » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:48 am

Hi All,

I am getting this error while running Analyze Now, the error is code 9 Analyze Call Exit. I think I did setup things correctly.

Can anyone help?

Ajey
Ajey

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:56 am

Hi,

Please try 2 things:

1. Hamid (see above Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:50 pm ) was also facing the same problem. He has explained above how he solved this problem. Pelase check that you are not making the same mistake

2. Please check to see if you have configured everything according to the following FAQ:
http://www.monilog.com/Common/en/FAQ/Lo ... onilog.asp

If still the problem is not solved, kindly send me the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adiscon\MoniLog

Send it to this address support@adiscon.com with some meaningful subjec.t I will be waiting for your reply

Regards
Wajih
Adiscon

Google Ads

Return to MoniLog