For details and other support options see

EventID is not add to the Syslog

Support, Questions and Discussions on EventReporter

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

EventID is not add to the Syslog

Postby QKTester » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Hi there,

Have just download the trial version of EventReporter 10.2.322 and installed it on a Windows Vista computer that collect the Security logs from the Windows 2008 servers on my network. So far so good. If I can get some advice on the following it may swing the decision to register for a full copy...

I have everything set up and forwarding events to a syslog server (CS-MARS). it is working great but I notice that the Event ID is not added to the message. I also did a test and create an action to Write to File and I can not find the EventID on the file either.

I am using Event Log Monitor v22. What I am missing to be able to read the MS Event IDs?

Re: EventID is not add to the Syslog

Postby alorbach » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:33 pm

the EventID as other Eventlog specific fields are not included in the message, but you can include them by using the property replacements.
For example if you use "%id%,%msg% instead of only %msg% in the Forward Syslog Action, the EventID will be prepended before the eventmessage itself. You will find a full list of properties in the manual, or use the INSERT Link in the configuration client.

best regards,
Andre Lorbach
Site Admin

Google Ads

Return to EventReporter