Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

Further job scheduler error

Support, Questions and Discussions on MonitorWare Console

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Further job scheduler error

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:02 am

Hi Again :)

Okay this problem seems to be ongoing. I raised the question with the original "job scheduler error". The reports seemed to run fine for a couple of days, however I then started getting the original error message back again about invalid datetime. I created a clean database and swapped over to that, just to confirm that there was no corrupt records. Monitorware console does its update, however whenever I go into job scheduler now it gives me the following error :-

mscorlib

String was not recognised as a valid date time.

If I close this error message the scheduler opens as normal. However none of the reports run again. I have clicked on save as requested previously, however it makes no difference?

Just to note this is with the patch already applied?

Any help appreciated

Postby wrehman » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:14 am

Hi,

Does this "Not a valid date" error comes when you click on Job Manager?
Are you sure that your Job Manager Table was empty (because you said that you created a new database) and still this error comes when you open up Job Manager.

Is there any error logged by *MWCJobManager* in the application log?

Regards
Wajih
Adiscon
wrehman
Adiscon Support

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:34 pm

Okay this is what was logged in the application log :-

System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
at System.DateTimeParse.GetDayOfNNY(DateTimeResult result, DateTimeRawInfo raw, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi)
at System.DateTimeParse.ProcessTerminaltState(Int32 dps, DateTimeResult result, DateTimeRawInfo raw, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi)
at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
at System.DateTime.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider provider, DateTimeStyles styles)
at System.DateTime.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider provider)
at System.DateTime.Parse(String s)
at Adiscon.MonitorWare.Console.JMSettingsForm.fillFormDetails()
at Adiscon.MonitorWare.Console.JMSettingsForm.JMSettingsForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

The database was a clean database, which was recreated because of the problem?

Postby wrehman » Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:15 am

Hello,

Thanx for the information. I have not been able to reproduce the same exception on a freshly created database. Can you tell me the exact steps that produce this exception. Secondly is there any error message logged in Windows Event Log that is from source *MWCJobManager*. The message that you gave in your last post was not from MWCJobManager.

Regards
Wajih-ur-Rehman
Adiscon
wrehman
Adiscon Support

Postby wrehman » Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:50 am

Ok ... I have removed the bug ... Kindly send an email on support@adiscon.com with the same subject so that i can send you the patch.

Regards
Wajih
Adiscon
wrehman
Adiscon Support

Google Ads

Return to MonitorWare Console