Job scheduler error

Support, Questions and Discussions on MonitorWare Console

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Job scheduler error

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:45 am

Hi All,

I have just come across a new, rather annoying problem. When I try and schedule a predefined report with Job scheduler it consitently fails. I can shedule the job fine, however when its supposed to run I get an event log message telling me the following :-

System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
at System.DateTimeParse.GetDayOfNNY(DateTimeResult result, DateTimeRawInfo raw, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi)
at System.DateTimeParse.ProcessTerminaltState(Int32 dps, DateTimeResult result, DateTimeRawInfo raw, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi)
at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
at System.DateTime.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider provider, DateTimeStyles styles)
at System.DateTime.Parse(String s, IFormatProvider provider)
at System.DateTime.Parse(String s)
at Adiscon.MonitorWare.JobManager.MWCJobManager.isReportTimeValid(String reportName)
at Adiscon.MonitorWare.JobManager.MWCJobManager.OnTimer(Object source, ElapsedEventArgs e)

I can run the reports manually with no problems, but every time I run them through the scheduler I get t his error. I have created a clean database and done the same again with the same results?

Any help appreciated.

Postby wrehman » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:00 am

Hi,

This seems to be a bug. I am working on it. In the mean time, can you kindly tell me which locale are you using in Windows?

Regards
Wajih
Adiscon
wrehman
Adiscon Support

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:59 pm

Hi,

We are using the English (United Kingdom) Locale.

Postby wrehman » Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:47 pm

Hello,

I have fixed the bug. Kindly send an email to support@adiscon.com with the same subject i.e. Job Scheduler Error. I will then reply to you on your email address with the attached and fixed exe.

Regards,
Wajih
Adiscon
wrehman
Adiscon Support

Postby wrehman » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:01 am

Hi,

This is just to let you know that We still havent received any email from you on support@adiscon.com.

Regards,
Wajih
Adiscon
wrehman
Adiscon Support

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:26 am

Hi Wajih,

Sorry for the delay, but I have been off sick. Okay I have installed the new file and since then no scheduled reports run at all? All I see in the event log is a confirmation that the schedule service has started running again, and thats it. Nothing appear to happen at the allocated time?

All normal reports now run fine though?

Any help appreciated.

Postby wrehman » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:32 am

Hi,

Please do the following (just to double check).

1. Open Job Manager
2. Save the settings again (have you checked the check box that says "Run this report on specified time every day" for any report ?)
3. Go to Administrative tools. Stop the service AdisconMWCJobManager and start it again.

I will be waiting for your response.
wrehman
Adiscon Support

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:31 pm

Hi,

I have already done all of that. Also rebooted the server?

When I save the report changes with the new time I get the following events.

Service stopped succesfully
Starting MWCJobManager
dsn=LocalServer2;uid=............ (replaced with username and password)
reading values from database
Extracting report names
Timer enabled
Service started succesfully

And thats all. The report never seems to run? Also there are no errors?

Postby wrehman » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:34 am

Hi,

Followign are the cases in which the report doesnt run

1. If Job Manager (JM) has generated a report on that day, then it doesnt generate the same report on that same day again

2. The check box that says "Run this report daily at the specified time" is not checked.

3. The configured time for the report is still greater than the current time.

If any of these conditions is true, the report will not execute.
wrehman
Adiscon Support

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:03 pm

Hi,

I think I have found the problem at this end anyway. It would appear that the SQLServerAgent service needs to be running for the reports to activate? If this service is not running and you are trying to run reports through Microsoft SQL, then they dont run.

Hope this helps someone else.

Also that patch appears to of fixed what it should.

Cheers

TC

Postby rgerhards » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:08 pm

Hi TC,

I am glad it works out now. But I think there should be no dependency on SQL Server Agent. Wajih has two days off, so as it seems to be no longer urgent, I will ask him to check this when he is back next Tuesday.

Rainer
rgerhards
Site Admin

Postby wrehman » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:34 am

Hello,

I have just checked it and confirmed that SQL Server Agent service has nothing to do with Job Manager Service. There might be some other cause (see above) that prevented the generation of reports.

Best Regards
Wajih
Adiscon
wrehman
Adiscon Support

Google Ads

Return to MonitorWare Console