Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

Monitorware Console will not connect to Winsyslog database

Support, Questions and Discussions on MonitorWare Console

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Monitorware Console will not connect to Winsyslog database

Postby brian21 » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:42 pm

I have setup a SQL 2000 database that recieves syslog data from both Event reporter and syslog devices. When I try to connect to database with monitorware console it states it is a unsupported database, must be a monitorware database. Can i not use monitorware console to view and report on data in my syslog database? I am using monitorware console 1.1 and syslog version 5.0
brian21

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:01 am

Hello,

Please answer the following queries:

1. Can you tell me the sequence that happens. e.g; You enter the login and password and then what happens?
2. What is the *exact* message that you are getting
3. At the bottom left of the main window, there is a link that says "Edit Connection". Click on it and check if you have given the correct DSN. ie. the DSN which points to the database filled by EventReporter

Once you give me these answers, i will be able to tell you the exact cause of this error.

Best Regards
Wajih-ur-Rehman
Adiscon

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:28 pm

I enter the login and password and try to configure database settings. I point to the ODBC source and log in as SA. I get the message that either the database I am logging into is not a Monitor ware database or I have insufficient permissions. The data was created using the SQL DB sample in WINSYSLOG and the I created the other tables that are in the SQL Folder of the Monitorware console. The Monilog console is able to access the DB just fine. I have verified I am using the correct DSN

Postby wrehman » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:38 am

Hello,

Please create the DSN using "Windows Authentication" and try again.

wrehman
Adiscon Support

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:04 pm

Thanks. It works ok now.

Google Ads

Return to MonitorWare Console