Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

Password Uniqueness and Minimum Password Age.

Support, Questions and Discussions on PasswordManager

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Password Uniqueness and Minimum Password Age.

Postby Joe » Tue Oct 21, 2003 4:26 pm

There appears to be a problem with reporting back the approiate error when account policies have been violated. It seams when I enter a password I used previously (having set the account policies to remember the 12 previous passwords) the object returns the password is too short. Which it is not, since it meets the policy of 8 characters and it let me change it to this password previously. The error code returned from myresultspage.asp is 2245 (which is the same if the password really is too short). Is there any way to get the appropiate error returned back to the user? I have the same problem with minimum password age as well. If my users don't get the appropiate error returned, its going to make it alot of work to support this app. IE. every 30 days my phone will be ringing off the hook.
Joe

Postby alorbach » Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:04 pm

Hi,

unfortunately there is nothing Passwordmanager can change.
If something fails, PasswordManager simply gives you the error code which it became from the system.
alorbach
Site Admin

Google Ads

Return to PasswordManager