Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

A new weird event id: 4609

Discuss Windows Event Log events. What they mean, what they tell you about your machine's security ... and whatever questions else you have.

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

A new weird event id: 4609

Postby linkpc2 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:38 pm

Hi,

This problem drive me crazy. Every time I manipulate one image in Fireworks from Macromedia or I try to
put my mouse pointer over a falsh button in a page like www.wipeoutpure.com my system
simply reboot.

No errors messages apear before the reboot, just rebooting like to click on the reset button.

In event log i monitore these event ID error message...

Event Type: Error
Event Source: EventSystem
Event Category: (50)
Event ID: 4609
Date: 7/17/2005
Time: 6:44:47 AM
User: N/A
Computer: PROTECTA-
Description:
The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing.
HRESULT was C0000005 from line 44 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp.
Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I use Windows XP Pro in
AMD system +2400
768Ram
120Gb
NVidia Geforce4 MX 440 With AGP8X
ASUS A7V600-X ACPI BIOS Revision 1008 (last from ASUS)
Chipset vt 8377/vt8237

Anybody could help me in this case?

I try to reinstall Windows, reinstall DirectX,
change memory, change video board, remove antivirus programs, I tried all type of things, until esoteric
things and nothing help.

Thanks for any help.

Junior
linkpc2

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:19 pm

lol I have exactly the same problem!

I have win xp pro
Ati 9800
amd 64 3.4
1000 ram

little hope to find an answer though .. sigh

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:21 pm

lol I have exactly the same problem!

I have win xp pro
Ati 9800
amd 64 3.4
1000 ram

me too same problem... ?!

Postby TCDooM » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:20 pm

what can be done?!
TCDooM

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:32 pm

Anonymous wrote:lol I have exactly the same problem!

I have win xp pro
Ati 9800
amd 64 3.4
1000 ram

Well uninstalling the drivers stop the crashing. Makes the computer a lot slower but stable.

I very dare say that the problem is due to conflicts between WMI drivers with some inplications to user profile permissions. :shock:

I ve tried all I know and imagined.

Anyone, help!

Postby Finger » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:22 pm

I'm getting the same error messages aswell as sudden application
shutdown and more often than not a complete system shut down...

Is this a device driver problem or a hardware problem as this is a
fresh install of XP and SP2 and the problem is still occuring...

I'm not computer illiterate but some of the error explanations are
way over my head....Anyone able to give me a plain English reason
and cure....

cheers...
Finger

4609 event system Solution!!

Postby Chiempie » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:48 pm

I've been seeing a particular problem on certain Windows XP computers when they are updated to Service Pack 2, and judging from posts in these newsgroups and also on other Internet message boards, it's quite a common problem. The symptoms are that after SP2 has been installed, and the machine has been rebooted a few times, this error message appears in the Application Event log.
I searched information on this problem for a while, and eventually found the following two articles relating to Windows 2000 Service Pack 4: M821546 and M827664. It turns out that in Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 two new user rights were added, "Impersonate a client after authentication" (SeImpersonatePrivilege) and "Create Global Objects" (SeCreateGlobalPrivilege). Even though the articles do not say so, it seems that they were also added in Windows XP Service Pack 2. However, it seems that sometimes something goes wrong in the XP SP2 installer when it sets up these two new user rights. I think this is why some computers get the above error messages. It does not happen all the time and I cannot see any reason to which some computers are messed up and some ones are not. I reckon it is a race condition or some other similar bug in the installer.
The reason that the problem does not always manifest itself straight away is probably because by default Windows only “refreshes” its security settings every 16 hours, and if that refresh is a while away you might not see the problem right away. Some networks may also have turned up this refresh time, so the problem is even worse.
Some sites may also have these settings set (possibly incorrectly) in their Default Domain Policy group policy, which could also mess things up. However, at my site we don’t have these settings set on the domain anywhere, only in the Local Security Settings, and yet we still have the problem. Anyway, if the security settings upgrade goes wrong, you end up with the error. Fortunately, it seems to be quite easy to fix.
On the affected workstation:
1) Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools.
2) Run “Local Security Policy”.
3) Go to Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignments.
4) Double click on “Create global objects”. The correct default settings are “Administrators”, “INTERACTIVE”, and “SERVICE”.
5) Double click on ''Impersonate a client after authentication''. The correct default settings are “Administrators”, “ASPNET” (if you have the .NET Framework installed) and “SERVICE”.
Even if the settings are set correctly, you may need to “refresh” them to fix the problem. To do this, on each policy, remove one of the entries (“SERVICE” is probably the best to remove), then press OK to save the changes, and then go back in and add it back in again (click “Add User or Group...”, type “SERVICE” into the white box, and press OK). Then close the Local Security Settings box and reboot. If you are running in a domain with Group Policy, you might want to force a group policy refresh before you reboot by running “gpupdate /force”.
Chiempie

Postby D-man » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:04 pm

How to do this on Xp Home Edition?
D-man

same problem, no SP2

Postby jooltje » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:20 pm

I get the same error message (with windows XP pro, SP1 but not SP2) after my comp shuts down for no appearent reason.

I dont have the settings of SP2 that you can alter..

??? :evil:
jooltje

Event System error 4609

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:33 pm

Found that removing MSN messenger 7.1 from running at boot-up solved this problem for me. hope this helps

for error codes 4609 and 8193

Postby lan_shark » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:31 am

I bet a 20 oz coke that it's the motherboard. I recently examined a computer that was giving the same problems and had error codes 4609 and 8193. I had enough reason to believe from the start that it was the motherboard from experience. However, I still tried other paths (i.e. disk checks, virus scans, changed ram, changed video card, repair install, etc.) and 5 hours after, found out that it truly was the motherboard.
lan_shark

My Solution

Postby Terry » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:33 pm

Try to disable MSN 7.1 from running on startup, that worked for me and the error is gone
Terry

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:45 pm

Postby rici7 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:02 pm

Event Id 4609 Cat 50 caused by MSN Messenger 7.5 loading at startup. Solution Uninstall Msn Messenger7.5 Clean tmp file. Go to Oldversion.com and install Msn messenger version 6.2 attempt signin. Prompted to install Msn Messenger version 7.5 again. click yes reboot event id error 4609 should be gone
rici7
New

event id error 4609 cat50 Msn Messenger

Postby rici7 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:06 pm

Amend earlier post. Uninstall msn messenger, clean msn messenger in registry {be careful here} reboot Go to oldversion.com download msn messenger 7.0 not 7.5 sign in to msn messenger you will get 2 popup boxes ,your email in box and box stating download newer version. close box or ignore box prompting newer version. error id 4609 should be gone. It worked for me. Just don't ever download newer version 7.5
rici7
New

Google Ads

Next

Return to Windows Events