Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

monilog problems

Support, Questions and Discussions on MoniLog

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

monilog problems

Postby Ulrich » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:41 pm

Hy

I am not able to generate a monilog report.

Every time I become this message :

The logs for the selected time interval do not exist. Check the following:
- the configured logs location (D:\Ereignisprotokolle) is correct
- the account used to run MoniLog has full rights to the logs location
- the logs' prefix (WinSyslog) is correct and there are files in the logs location for the selected date

I use the default settings for monilog: report from the last "X" hours -- "X" hours = 24.
I use the default settings for eventreporter (monilog settings). I tried it with EventReporter 5.4 and 6.2, winsyslog 4.2.

and there are logs of the time!!!

The name of the logfile has the right format. The separate entrys has the right format (I think)

Example:

2004-02-27 16:10:24, sv13.intern.de, 16, 5, Feb 27 16:10:23 10.81.2.41 EvntSLogRealSource:"10.81.2.41" EvntSLog: RealSource:"AB63" 82200: [INF] Sat Jan 17 15:09:08 2004: N\A/AB63/Wins (4121) - "Der WINS-Replikationsdienst konnte keine Datensätze in der WINS-Datenbank finden. Dies bedeutet, dass keine aktiven oder veralteten Datensätze in der Datenbank vorhanden sind. Möglicherweise sind die Datensätze, die von einem Remote-WINS-Computer angefordert wurden, freigegeben oder nicht vorhanden."

I use the OS Windows2003 Server German vor monilog and Syslog Server

The server I want to monitor is even a Windows 2003 Server German. I changed the time setting 100x (german format, englisch format etc) in every combination -- but noting happend.

In a view minutes I kill this program (grrrh :evil: )

please help

thanks and best regards
[/u]
Ulrich
New

Postby agrigorof » Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:10 pm

Monilog has problems with the "EvntSLogRealSource" strings in your log entry sample. Because of that it won't recognize the entry. Reconfigure your WinSyslog so it won't add the "real source" to the syslog entries.

Adrian Grigorof
Altair Technologies
_
_
agrigorof

monilog problems

Postby Ulrich » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:47 am

Hy

Thanks for the reply.
I tried out for what you think. But sorry, it don´t work.

I become the same message.

The entry sample looks now like this:

2004-03-01 11:34:57, 127.0.0.1, 16, 5, Mar 1 11:34:57 10.81.2.41 EvntSLogRealSource:"10.81.2.41" EvntSLog: [INF] Mon Mar 01 07:16:57 2004: AB63/Wins (4141) - "Der WINS-Dienst hat während Pull replication Datensätze von einem WINS-Server angefordert. Die Adresse des Replikationspartners und die des Besitzers, von dem Datensätze angefordert wurden, stehen unten im Datenabschnitt (zweites bzw. drittes DWORD). Die Anzahl der angeforderten Datensätze steht unten im vierten DWORD."

any other idee? :cry:
Ulrich
New

Postby rgerhards » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:57 am

Dear Ulrich,

I am sorry you still experience problems. We have created a FAQ with instructions for setting all options to the required values. I hope this is helpful for you:

http://www.monilog.com/Common/en/FAQ/Lo ... onilog.asp

I would appreciate if you could check that everything is configured as described in this FAQ.

Best regards,
Rainer Gerhards
Adiscon
rgerhards
Site Admin

Postby rgerhards » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:01 pm

Dear Ulrich,

I just noticed that there is a problem with a repeated syslog TAG value in the message. I remember we had this issue once, it was a program bug. I am sure it was fixed. I am right now asking development what can cause this.

I assume that your settings are (mostly) correct, I think even when you follow the guide it will not work. We are working on this with the highest priority and I will keep you posted as soon as I have something new.

Rainer
rgerhards
Site Admin

monilog problems

Postby Ulrich » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:50 pm

Hy Rainer

nice :?

but

until now I use the Winsyslog Version 4.2. For a some seconds I send a E-mail to Adiscon to get the new Licence Key for the version 5.0. (I have a UpgradeInsurance for Monilog, EventReporter and WinSyslog)

Does the use of this version calls perhaps some trubbel?

regards

Ulrich

PS

Are you german? Your Name looks like. If yes it would be nice to talk in German
Ulrich
New

Postby rgerhards » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:58 pm

Hi Ulrich,

regarding 4.x - indeed that may be the cause. I am sure sales will soon forward the new key, so maybe the issue is solved then (I think chances are quite good). In any case, please be sure to check the settings I have forwareded, because they do not look a 100% right.

And, yes, I am German. We can switch to to German conversation, but this would look out some other staff members. So responses may be slower in this case (especially when I need to translate things to make them understandable). Anyhow, the decision is yours ;) Simply reply in German if you like.

Rainer
rgerhards
Site Admin

Postby alorbach » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:18 pm

Hi Ulrich,

in your EventReporter configuration, please check that the following variable is NOT checked: Add SyslogSource when forwarding to other Syslog Servers

If this option is checked, disable it. Then delete the old logfiles and restart EventReporter and verify the logfile format.

If this doesn't help, send an email to support@adiscon.com and I will give you further help.
alorbach
Site Admin

Google Ads

Return to MoniLog