Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

Logging from Fortigate firewall

Support, Questions and Discussions on WinSyslog

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Logging from Fortigate firewall

Postby garyf » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:09 pm

Hi. Is there a default profile or config script that would allow the logging of sessions and events from a Fortigate firewall please? Our FG doesn't have a hard drive which means it can't store as much as we'd like in its memory based log.

We have MS SQL Express running on a server so it would be handy if WinSyslog can set itself up without too much work on our part. (We're not lazy, just involved with lots of other stuff going on). Which version of the software would we need to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.
Gary
garyf
New

Re: Logging from Fortigate firewall

Postby alorbach » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:52 pm

Hi,

for a start you can install the trial version of WinSyslog, and setup File Logging. Don't forget to restart the WiNSyslog Service after this.
Then point your Firewall device to log to the WinSyslog syslog server, and it should start collecting the syslog messages from your Firewall.

When you have the time, you can look into logging the syslog messages into a database like MS Express.
Or if you want to go further use phpLogCon to review and search through logfiles, this article might help then:
http://www.winsyslog.com/Common/en/Arti ... _mysql.php

best regards,
Andre Lorbach
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby garyf » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:42 pm

Thank you, Andre. I'll give that a go.

Gary.
garyf
New

Postby broocya » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:59 am

What does it mean to be behind a firewall on your computer? Whenever i go to World of Warcraft starting screen it says my pc is behind a firewall.
broocya
New

Google Ads

Return to WinSyslog