Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

libsystemd-journal

Everything related with getting rsyslog up and running (but not beyond that point ;))

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

libsystemd-journal

Postby scank_nix » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:10 pm

I have been trying to install RSYSLOG on REDHAT 6 and seem to be running into problems installing a dependency for it. Can anyone provide some insight around installing the - libsystemd-journal I have search around and not finding any that's working for me.If anyone had successfully gone through and installed this dependency, i would really appreciate the support.

Thanks.
scank_nix
New

Urgent Question?

• Pulling out your Hair?
  • Wasting Time and Money?
  • Deadline Approaching?

Re: libsystemd-journal

Postby dlang » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:53 pm

if you aren't running systemd, there's no reason to enable or install the libsystemd-journal package. What repository are you installing from? or are you installing from source?
dlang
Frequent Poster

Postby scank_nix » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:06 pm

I was trying to run RSYSLOG package, it needed liblogging. The libsystemd-journal dependency came about when I was trying to install liblogging. That's where i got stuck not being able to find the correct install for redhat.

I am not sure if I need libsystemd-journal or systemd. I just want to be able to forward logs to this sever. If I can still do this without having libsystemd-journal or systemd. Is there a way to disable it and complete the install? Do you know.

Thanks for your response.
scank_nix
New

Postby rgerhards » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:54 pm

--disable-journal ...or similar
rgerhards
Site Admin

Google Ads

Return to Installation