Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

I have to press "mail check" twice to process emai

Support, Questions and Discussions on NewsMerge

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

I have to press "mail check" twice to process emai

Postby Mark » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:52 pm

When I press "mail check" it brings in the emails from the perl script on my website. But, when I go to the "view messages" screen, it shows them as processed=false. I then have to click "mail check" a second time, and then it shows processed=true, and successfully add (or removes) that person from the subscription list.

Is this normal to have to press it twice? Or should it be doing this all in one step?

Thank you for your time,
~Mark
Mark

Postby alorbach » Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:24 am

They should be processed first time when they are downloaded from teh mailserver.

However sometimes the database does not return the new emails correctly, and you have to do a pop3 check a second time to get them processed.

I have seen this seldom, but it happens.
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:06 am

Now that I have had a chance to test it out more, I notice that it will process all but the last email which comes in. For example, if I have 5 emails come in subscribing to my newsletter, it will process the first 4, but always leaves the last one unprocessed. I have to then press the mailcheck button again, and it will process the last one. It seems to process them when it says "Analyzing x of x". The funny thing is, when it processes this last one (when i press the mailcheck button the 2nd time), it says "Analyzing 1 of 0". This happens everytime. I'm running Windows XP Pro, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. But, it's not a biggie, as I don't mind pressing the button twice. :)

~Mark
Mark

Postby alorbach » Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:01 am

Hi,

I will check this, maybe it is a "message count" bug when the emails are processed ;)
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:47 am

Sounds great! Let me know if you discover anything. I plan on purchasing this product soon, as I am having more subscribers sign up already than I originally intended. :)

By chance, is there a way to pay you via Paypal for the software, rather than using your payment page? If so, let me know which email address to send the payment to.

Thanks again for your time,
~Mark
Mark

Postby alorbach » Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:38 am

Hi,

we support Paypal payments ;)
Another person from the sales department will post a link to this special order site soon :D
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:18 pm

Fantastic! As soon as I see the post, I'll be paying by Paypal. I really enjoy this software a lot, and appreciate the quick attention and responses to my questions here on the forum.

Thanks again,
~Mark
Mark

Postby alorbach » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:36 pm

Hi Mark,

please use this order link below to order via Paypal :)

NewsMerge Paypal Order
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:19 pm

Thanks for the link! I have just sent you payment via Paypal. :)

Thanks again for all your help,
~Mark
Mark

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:38 pm

I was wondering approx. how long it takes to get the registration info from when I sent payment.

Thanks again,
~Mark
Mark

Postby alorbach » Fri Jul 25, 2003 6:11 pm

Hi,

Currently we are working to embedd the Paypal orders into our order processing system. At the moment these orders are processed manually, so I am sorry for the delay.

But you will get your order processed soon ;)
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:42 pm

Ok. As soon as you're able to, that would be great. I want to send out my first "real" newsletter in the next couple days, and want to be able to use the full registered version (not the trial) when I send it.

Thanks again,
~Mark
Mark

Postby rgerhards » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:20 am

Hello Mark,

I just wanted to drop you a note from order processing. In fact, the delay is not due to the manual processing but due to PayPal policies. You sent and echeck and PayPal instructs us not to send any goods before the 29th, which they expect the echeck to be cleared. I checked this morning, they still instruct us to not send anything but we are monitoring the progress.

Sorry for the hassle, but sometimes it is not as easy with PayPal as with other payment methods...

Rainer
rgerhards
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:34 pm

Hi Rainer,

Thank you so much for the update. I was starting to get worried. That makes perfect sense about waiting for the e-check to clear through Paypal. Hopefully it will clear sometime today. I'll keep an eye on it too. Thank you again for letting me know. :)

~Mark
Mark

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:27 pm

Hi Rainer,

Good news! It looks like my e-check has finally cleared through the Paypal system. :) If there is any chance of getting my registration info today, that would be great! I'm hoping to send my first newsletter out on August 1.

Thanks again for all your help and the updates,
~Mark
Mark

Google Ads

Next

Return to NewsMerge