Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

Events from a static log file repeated periodically

Support, Questions and Discussions on MonitorWare Agent

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Events from a static log file repeated periodically

Postby jcoder » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:28 pm

Hi,
I am using a Mwagent to send log files(text) generated by a webserver to a syslog server, as soon as i set up the properties, i get the required data sent over but the problem is it repeats itself like a infinite loop and the data goes on increasing from a small number to a 6 figured number.
:cry:

Hope u guys could help me out

Regards
jcoders
jcoder
Avarage

Postby alorbach » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:25 pm

Hi jcoder,

I assume you are using the FileMonitor Service.
It is hard to tell why this happens, but I think it is related to your configuration. If you could send us a sample logfile including a registry export of your configuration (See Client Computer menu) to support@adiscon.com, we can take a look to it and handle it there.

best regards,
Andre Lorbach
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby jcoder » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:38 pm

hi,
I send the registry(export) and the sample log file to the email address mentioned.
Is possible to have a single monitorware collecting logfiles from multiple servers and forwarding it to a syslog server,If yes how do i queue these requests?

Cheers
Jcoder
jcoder
Avarage

Postby alorbach » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:58 pm

Your case will be handeled there.
Regarding multiple Servers, yes this is possible as long as windows file network access is available, and the Service is run under a user with sufficient access rights to the remote machines.

You will find a faq article related to this here:
http://www.mwagent.com/Common/en/FAQ/mo ... e-file.php

best regards,
Andre Lorbach
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby jcoder » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:42 pm

i was able to connect remotely to monitor files on a couple of the servers but when the log files showed up on the syslog server it had only one ip mentioned,i was wondering if it was possible to view ips of remote hosts while using file monitor on the syslog server
jcoder
Avarage

Google Ads

Return to MonitorWare Agent