Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

Event ID 3034 Keeps appearing in System Event Log

Discuss Windows Event Log events. What they mean, what they tell you about your machine's security ... and whatever questions else you have.

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

RE: The redirector was unable to initialize security contex

Postby JHK » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:30 pm

I was encountering this problem along with the inability to browse from DomainControllerA to DomainControllerB via the UNC Name. To farther complicate the problem DomainControllerB was having no issue reaching DomainControllerA via UNC name AND the servers were not replicating.

This is what I did to correct the issues:
On DomainControllerB I opened a command prompt and executed the following command:

NETDOM RESETPWD /Server:DomainControllerA /UserD:Domain\AdministratorID /PasswordD:*

This is the OPPOSITE of what is suggested in Microsoft Articles 826902 and 206575, but it resolved all the issues that I was experiencing.

JHK
JHK

event id 3034

Postby Jon » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:06 pm

THANKS to JHK above for solving my problem below:

Windows 2000 domain with two domain controllers: A & B. B holds all FSMO roles. A exhibits:
213 LicenseService Warning
1586 NTDS Replication Warning
1308 NTDS KCC Information
13508 NtFrs Warning
3034 MrxSmb (80090322) Warning
5722 NETLOGON Error
"Logon failure: The target account name is incorrect." when accessing shared folders to any other domain system via Explorer or UNC.

Resolution from: http://forum.adiscon.com/ltopic,286,0,asc,15.html
enter following command on DomainControllerB:

netdom resetpwd /server:DomainControllerA /userd:Domain\AdministratorID /passwordd:*
Jon
New

Re: Event ID 3034 Keeps appearing in System Event Log

Postby in10sitty » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:15 pm

I agree with whomever posted about Time Synching. There is something about domain controllers not being over 5 minutes different from each other. Mine were 9 minutes and I got this message and could not access networks drives. I fix times and reboot servers and it corrects the problem.

Good luck.
in10sitty
New

Google Ads

Previous

Return to Windows Events