Event ID 299: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory

Discuss Windows Event Log events. What they mean, what they tell you about your machine's security ... and whatever questions else you have.

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

ReadProcessMemory

Postby peterwallison » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:50 pm

Was unable to install game from DVD drive, found your tip via Google, instant success !!

Thanks a bunch, you made my GTASA-mad daughter very happy!!
peterwallison

Re: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory r

Postby ridwan2000 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:37 am

meyster wrote:Possible solution: (Worked for me)

I was getting this error with my HPDVD 630i (DVD writer) and HP instructed me to do this....

Go into your device manager->IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. Right click on secondary and choose properties. Go to the advanced settings tab and choose PIO only for "transfer mode". I would ensure that your drive is connected to the secondary controller first though.

I'm not sure why this works, but HP tech support had me try about 5 things and this one finally worked.

HP told me on several occations that they have compatability issues with Nero software. He said 1 and 100 will work with Nero.

Hoppe this helps. Good luck.

Hi Meyster, can you please elaborate a bit more on your quote "HP told me on several occations that they have compatability issues with Nero software. He said 1 and 100 will work with Nero"? Because I used Nero to burn a CD with a DVD burner and someone had this problem with that CD. Is there some settings in Nero that I need to look at? Thank you.
ridwan2000
New

Postby rtest » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:10 am

I was getting this error with my HPDVD 630i (DVD writer) and HP instructed me to do this....

Go into your device manager->IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. Right click on secondary and choose properties. Go to the advanced settings tab and choose PIO only for "transfer mode". I would ensure that your drive is connected to the secondary controller first though.

I'm not sure why this works, but HP tech support had me try about 5 things and this one finally worked.

HP told me on several occations that they have compatability issues with Nero software. He said 1 and 100 will work with Nero.

I am having this problem - thinking its with my hard drive but not sure. Trying to install 'Steam.' Tried this, didnt work...keep getting the error message...whatnow?!
rtest
New

Meyster was right

Postby OnReplyOnly » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:38 pm

Hi All,

I signed up purely to log on to say the following....

Meyster's solution worked for me as well, but I'm on different hardware.

I'm running a Dell Latitude D610 and had that error whilst trying to load Star Wars Battlefront II.

This was the second error, the first was due to not having the latest Video Drivers installed (So remember to update your drivers as well!!)

Now that I have followed the instructions (as above) it installed and played fine.

As I googled the error and came to this forum in the top 5, I wanted to feed back that 1) the solution worked, and 2) for a completely different piece of hardware.

Thanks for the post, I genuinely appreciate it.

TB
OnReplyOnly
New

Postby shahzadmasih » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:46 pm

Hi, This post is very informative, however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,
shahzadmasih
New

Postby ProfBevBA » Sat May 12, 2007 1:11 am

This really worked. I was having trouble with a new DVD-RW and this helped a lot. Thank you very much.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hoppe this helps. Good luck.[/quote]
ProfBevBA
New

Thanks

Postby Grnandrw » Fri May 18, 2007 5:22 pm

This helped me and fixed the issue!!

I appreciate it.
Grnandrw
New

HP DVD writer has updates may solve this problem

Postby samuel » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:05 am

Thanks for all the good suggestions provided here! I wouldn't come to my solution without them.

I recently bought a used Compaq computer with the HP DVD writer dvd400i installed. I had the same problem described as stated, but the problem is solved with installing the updated driver from hp site for the DVD writer. The DVD burning speed is still the same as before.
samuel
New

Re: ReadProcessMemory

Postby ebayrcer » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:29 pm

peterwallison wrote:Was unable to install game from DVD drive, found your tip via Google, instant success !!

Thanks a bunch, you made my GTASA-mad daughter very happy!!

Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.
Same here. I was getting the same error message when attempting to install GTASA (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas), then found your solution on this forum. Great work! Thanks a million!

- ebayrcer -
ebayrcer
New

Re: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory reque

Postby zwirl » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:48 pm

Hey, thanks a lot. I spend my time trying everything with no success. You save me from the pain. :) Thanks again
zwirl
New

Re: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory reque

Postby Bayman1960 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:37 am

THANKS YOU FOR YOUR EXCELLENT ADVICE.i FOLLOWED IT TO THE LETTER AND NOW i DON'T HAVE TO BUY A NEW DVD BURNER.
Bayman1960
New

Google Ads

Previous

Return to Windows Events