Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

Event ID 299: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory

Discuss Windows Event Log events. What they mean, what they tell you about your machine's security ... and whatever questions else you have.

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Postby Guest » Fri May 27, 2005 7:46 am

YOU ARE A GENIUS THANKS A BUNCH

Re: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory r

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:36 pm

meyster wrote:Possible solution: (Worked for me)

I was getting this error with my HPDVD 630i (DVD writer) and HP instructed me to do this....

Go into your device manager->IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. Right click on secondary and choose properties. Go to the advanced settings tab and choose PIO only for "transfer mode". I would ensure that your drive is connected to the secondary controller first though.

I'm not sure why this works, but HP tech support had me try about 5 things and this one finally worked.

HP told me on several occations that they have compatability issues with Nero software. He said 1 and 100 will work with Nero.

Hoppe this helps. Good luck.

You great big helper :D THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS :oops: :P :x :shock: :?

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:21 am

i got a similar problem with the readprocess memory but its not related to the cd drive i try to open programs and the error appears

anyone have any idea to what may be the cause?

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:26 am

great fix

Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory reque

Postby junero » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:49 pm

Thought I would add my experience with this problem as there are several implications:

The use of PIO mode to solve this problem, while effective, may result in yet another undesirable symptom: Slow DVD burn times.

I originally noticed that my Nero buffer on another machine was jumping up and down and the burn time for a DVD had gone from around 10 minutes to about 40. Interestingly enough XP had reverted the IDE channel to PIO mode from UDMA. The solution was to disable (remove) the IDE channel in Device Manager and let Windows re-detect it to force it back into DMA mode. While this worked on that particular machine to get the DVD burning times back up I had to question the solution posted here for the inability to launch and run programs from a CD-Rom Disc. Sure enough by fixing the problem posted here by switching to PIO mode I had created the problem of slowing down my DVD burning times significantly. The thought of having to switch modes every time I wanted to do a particular task was unacceptable. My solution to both problems was to change the older IDE33 (40pin) cable on the DVD drive to a UDMA66 (80pin) cable. Seems like everything is running smooth now in UDMA mode for all applications.

Hope this helps someone.
Regards,
J
junero

Worked for me

Postby achido » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:06 am

Thanks dude. It worked for me. You are awsome.
achido

DVD no working

Postby chico » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:13 am

After reading junero post, I thought the drive may be bad. My motherborad use VIA chip set. I reinstalled the latest 4-in-1 drive from VIA and it resolved the problem without turning of the U DMA access mode. Everything runs faster too.
chico

thanks!

Postby eriq » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:12 pm

Thank you very much, you just solved a major headache for me. Who ever said that internet isn't a friendly place? :O)
eriq

Postby Patrick » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:02 pm

It works!!! Another Geekwannabe who sends his thanks to meyster.
Thanks again.
Patrick

OMG!

Postby Scott.... » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:07 am

AW man U r The Greatest.....

Rock On Bro... \m/
Scott....

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:28 am

Amazing... This was a huge help! Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Postby oleg » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:59 pm

Thank you very much. I got it as well.
oleg

Re: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory r

Postby Laurent » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:47 pm

meyster wrote:Possible solution: (Worked for me)

I was getting this error with my HPDVD 630i (DVD writer) and HP instructed me to do this....

Go into your device manager->IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. Right click on secondary and choose properties. Go to the advanced settings tab and choose PIO only for "transfer mode". I would ensure that your drive is connected to the secondary controller first though.

I'm not sure why this works, but HP tech support had me try about 5 things and this one finally worked.

HP told me on several occations that they have compatability issues with Nero software. He said 1 and 100 will work with Nero.

Hoppe this helps. Good luck.

Thank you. My PC works again... arrgghhh I had already formated and reinstall windows...
Laurent

Still Not working

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:06 am

I got win xp pro service back 2, two cd drives- 56x and cdrw like 16x.... 1 ghz 256 ram.... I have been trying to install a game (vice city GTA3) and on either of the cd drives the error discussed goes up... the PIO does not work... Please help me.....

I am going insane with this error :oops: :shock:

Please Help,
Thank you,

thanks

Postby jerzee420 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:09 pm

that worked i was getting irate
jerzee420

Google Ads

PreviousNext

Return to Windows Events