Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

Event ID:10010 "Server did not register..."

Discuss Windows Event Log events. What they mean, what they tell you about your machine's security ... and whatever questions else you have.

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

DCOM

Postby Noid » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:51 pm

therget wrote:
Anonymous wrote:^^^^ That was actually a changed one i got after starting in safe mode.
The usual one is;

The server {9F92FFA3-40D1-475A-9323-A39C705DAB86} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Help???

therget wrote:Hi all,

I found a Microsoft Knowledge Base Article concerning the DCOM 10010 Error :

Microsoft Knowledge Base wrote:...

SYMPTOMS

Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) client programs that run inside Terminal Server sessions other than the console cannot create objects of classes implemented inside DCOM servers running as Terminal Server services.

You may also receive occurrences of event ID 10010 from DCOM in the Event Viewer with the following description:

The server <clsid> did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

CAUSE

RESOLUTION

WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

To explicitly register a DCOM class as a system global, use the following steps:

1. If it does not exist, create the following registry key:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\Compatibility\CLSID

2. Create a subkey with {CLSID} as its name, where the CLSID is the class identifier of the DCOM class that is to be a system global. For example, a subkey would be:

{41116C00-8B90-101B-96CD-00AA003B14FC}

3. Under the above subkey, create fSystemGlobalClass as the value name with a REG_DWORD type and set its value data to 1.

Or, you can upgrade to Microsoft Windows 2000 Server with Terminal Services, which does not have the same restriction.

Please notice that you use the registry editor at your own risk.

Regards,
Timm Herget
Adiscon

Use FireFox, I have no Issues with this browser
Noid

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:14 pm

Hello all,

I have been experiencing this issue on my Windows 2000 file server for a little over a week now.

I have traced the problem back to the windows installer.

My suggestion is to remove windows installer and then re-install the most recent version from Microsoft, using the windows update page.

This will require a reboot or two.

Cheers,

Chris

Postby Bryant » Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:24 pm

I ran into a similar DCOM error with an accompanied IIS error, "The server failed to load application '/LM/W3svc/1/ROOT'..." after applying Microsoft's October patches.
I found patch 902400 (Bulletin MS05-051) to be the culprit.
I resolved the issue by follow Microsoft's fix per article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=909444

SANS also talks about the issue here: http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?date=2005-10-15

I hope this helps anyone who ran into the same issue.

Bryant
Bryant

Postby kanna0280 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:22 am

I got an error message related to DCOM.

The server {FF76CB60-2EC8-101B-B02E-04021C009402} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Please help!
kanna0280
New

Thank you guys!!! I fixed my problem!!!

Postby jj007force » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:19 am

I recently got this error on Windows XP Home on Monday, October 2, 2006. It happened after a power surge in my basement, because my parents were ironing. The computer turned off immediately. When I turned the power back on the computer, it was very slow. After 20 minutes trying fevorously to get to even viewer, I found out that I was getting passive system errors with the Event ID 10010. The DCOM error. I went through many support links on microsoft and download some registry cleaners to fix the problem, but with no luck. I finally tried searching the Event ID 10010 on google and I got to this forum. While I was reading this threads, I crossed by Fixerion's statement:

I run my windows xp profi in Safe mode and started system restore to any point in the history. All system resources started OK.

I was dumbfounded :o , and I felt stupid that I didn't think of it before. I went to Adminstrative tools in the accessories in the program files (start menu) and I did a system restore. With my fingers crossed, I prayed that this final attempt might work. AND IT DID!!!!

Thanks Fixerion for reminding me about system restore. System restore is my favorite thing now....I going to make restore points every month from now on....(Dont overdo restore points)

TRY system Restore!!! It worked for me. (You need Windows XP or higher...I think)
jj007force
New

HELP!!!!!!

Postby TheGreyKnight » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:51 am

Help plz. I don't know what you guys are talking about, and I have the same problem too. I am not exactly a tech-savvy person, and I need someone to explain this to me in layman's terms!

This has been ongoing on my computer for several months now. It's gotten to the point where I have already done a complete partitioning (is that what it's called?) of my drive. And yet it still persists.

I usually occurs when I'm running multiple programs, or if I'm just running one game.

It involves something called "clsid" or something like that.
TheGreyKnight
New

Postby Soo » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:15 am

I've been getting this error for the last week.

The server {62F84090-A87D-4FA9-BF65-2AAB91B61CE5} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Funny thing is that it didn't register as an error during the last two reboots.

I've removed Norton and loaded Avast.
Removed all MSN stuff
Run Registry Mechanic
Run Spybot
Run Chkdsk
Removed the screen saver and just let it go to sleep after 10 min.

2 min exactly after it sleeps it reboots 3 times. Each and every time!! It's driving me nuts.
I really don't want to play with regedit, I'm not comfortable enough with all this stuff.

I'm not even sure if it has anything to do with the above error at this point. There are other application warnings showing up as well.

Any ideas with specific instructions for me?
Soo
New

Postby Soo » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:18 am

Forgot to add that it's been happening since I loaded the last Microsoft updates.
Soo
New

It was Google Toolbar!!!

Postby Abba » Thu May 08, 2008 5:59 pm

I had this error for over a month.

Every time I started IE, it would hang for minutes, and finally start working.
I have win2k Pro.

DCOM error 10010

I uninstalled Google Toolbar for IE6 and PRESTO, problem solved!!!

Hooray, I don't have to use Firefox anymore!!! :D
Abba
New

Re: Event ID:10010 "Server did not register..."

Postby ronji » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:35 pm

i was experiencing this same issue on 3 laptops (so far) and this was the first result in google, or the "i'm feeling lucky" result. none of the answers here fixed my issue, but i did get the idea to search the registry for my "unregistered server" and found it to reference cAutoUpdate Class 1.0. when i googled that i got this page, which held my fix: http://www.windowsbbs.com/windows-xp/47 ... dates.html

i'll quote the full text for posterity

Go to Start>Run
Key in:
cmd
Click on OK or hit ENTER

In the Command Prompt window, key in:
notepad registerit.cmd
Hit ENTER

A Notepad window will open with a dialogue box asking if you want to create
a new file. Click on Yes in the dialogue box.

Copy/paste the following, between but not including the asterisks, into the
Notepad window:

net stop wuauserv

regsvr32 /s wuapi.dll

regsvr32 /s wups.dll

regsvr32 /s wuaueng.dll

regsvr32 /s wuaueng1.dll

regsvr32 /s wucltui.dll

regsvr32 /s wuweb.dll

regsvr32 /s jscript.dll

regsvr32 /s atl.dll

regsvr32 /s softpub.dll

regsvr32 /s msxml3.dll

net start wuauserv

When finished pasting the above commands into the Notepad window, go to
File>Save then File>Exit.

Back in the Command Prompt window, key in:
registerit.cmd
Then hit ENTER

When the file is done running, and you're back at the C: prompt, key in:
exit
Then hit ENTER

Now try the Windows Update site.

the poster said he still had trouble until he made and ran a second script, so i went ahead and ran that after running the first script anyway. didn't feel like finding out the hard way that i would have the same trouble.

net stop wuauserv
regsvr32 /s wuapi.dll
regsvr32 /s wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 /s wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 /s wucltui.dll
regsvr32 /s wups.dll
regsvr32 /s wups2.dll
regsvr32 /s wuweb.dll
net stop wuauserv
ronji
New

Re: Event ID:10010 "Server did not register..."

Postby ciari » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:40 am

OK, About the Server did not register bla bla bla, it took me 3 weeks to find what was wrong.
I uses AVG to check for viruses , SuperAntiSpyware etc.
I didn't have any virus or Spyware whatsoever but still my PC did stop unexpectedly or got stuck and "loading your personal configuration.
What did fix it was:
step one: using Regcure to clean the registry
step two: using registry crawler to find the string (in my case {8D9BB053-FEE5-4411-B6F5-F1E37DDC3106}
There was three in the registry.
step three: delete all the instances in the registry ( 3 in my case)
The problem disappeared like magic.
I don't know what did put that thing in my registries but it was undetectable with anti-virus programs etc and did screw my PC for three weeks.
I hope that it will help some folks in trouble :D
Claude Ciari
ciari
New

Google Ads

Previous

Return to Windows Events