Event ID:10010 "Server did not register..."

Discuss Windows Event Log events. What they mean, what they tell you about your machine's security ... and whatever questions else you have.

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Postby therget » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:10 am

Anonymous wrote:^^^^ That was actually a changed one i got after starting in safe mode.
The usual one is;

The server {9F92FFA3-40D1-475A-9323-A39C705DAB86} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Help???

therget wrote:Hi all,

I found a Microsoft Knowledge Base Article concerning the DCOM 10010 Error :

Microsoft Knowledge Base wrote:...

SYMPTOMS

Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) client programs that run inside Terminal Server sessions other than the console cannot create objects of classes implemented inside DCOM servers running as Terminal Server services.

You may also receive occurrences of event ID 10010 from DCOM in the Event Viewer with the following description:

The server <clsid> did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

CAUSE

RESOLUTION

WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

To explicitly register a DCOM class as a system global, use the following steps:

1. If it does not exist, create the following registry key:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\Compatibility\CLSID

2. Create a subkey with {CLSID} as its name, where the CLSID is the class identifier of the DCOM class that is to be a system global. For example, a subkey would be:

{41116C00-8B90-101B-96CD-00AA003B14FC}

3. Under the above subkey, create fSystemGlobalClass as the value name with a REG_DWORD type and set its value data to 1.

Or, you can upgrade to Microsoft Windows 2000 Server with Terminal Services, which does not have the same restriction.

Please notice that you use the registry editor at your own risk.

Regards,
Timm Herget
Adiscon
therget
Frequent Poster

Re: DECOM 10010 Error

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:03 am

Jim D wrote:Frustrated by the same DCOM error. Has anyone resolved it? It has only begun happening in the last few weeks, so I suspect the latest Critical Updates. Has anyone found how to stop it?
What about "disabling" the DCOM service?

Postby therget » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:09 am

Maybe this Article will help you out:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327153/EN-US/

RESOLUTION

Add these users back to the Users group, and then restart Internet Information Services (IIS):
1. Click Start, click Programs, click Administrative Tools, and then click Computer Management to open the Computer Management console.
2. In the left pane, expand Local Users and Groups, and then click the Groups folder.
3. In the right pane, right-click the Users group, and then click Properties.
4. Click Add.
5. In the Select Users or Groups dialog box, locate the Look in drop-down box, and then select the local computer.
6. Select Authenticated Users, and then click Add. Select INTERACTIVE, and then click Add. Click OK, click Apply, and then click Close to close the properties for the Users group.
7. In the left pane, expand Services and Applications, and then click Services.
8. In the right pane, right-click IIS Admin Service, and then click Restart.
9. In the Restart Other Services confirmation dialog box, click Yes.

Regards,
Timm Herget
Adiscon
therget
Frequent Poster

try this one (Disabling DCOM)

Postby MGLizzard » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:19 am

Start - Run - Regedit

HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Ole

Set the EnableDCOM Value Name, a string (REG_SZ) data type, to N (Double Click on it and change it)
MGLizzard

Re: Disabling DCOM - Results

Postby dnevue » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:03 am

I have the same problem as others have mentioned here and just found this forum. Since others haven't posted a comment, I thought I'd mention that I did try disabling DCOM in the registry as suggested here. Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem.

Best regards,

David Nevue
http://www.davidnevue.com
dnevue

Here's what I did to fix it.

Postby Davidian » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:16 pm

My regular message was "The server {FB7199AB-79BF-11D2-8D94-0000F875C541} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
A quick check through the registry at HKCR\Clsid\{FB7199AB-79BF-11D2-8D94-0000F875C541}\localserver32 suggested the culprit was Microsoft Messenger (surprise surprise!) Windows had sneakily reinstalled this pesky spyware upon installing SP1!

My solution was simple. I had to uninstall it once more.

I first checked that Windows hadn't replaced my edited sysoc.inf (C:\WINDOWS\inf) and replaced the hide value (which I'd deleted) from the msmgs line (it should read 'msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,,7'). I then proceeded to uninstall Microsoft Messenger from the add/remove programs panel. Upon a reboot things were all well and good and back to normal.

Ahhh bless Microsoft and their ingenuity.
Davidian

spooler???

Postby loterski » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:33 pm

Hi!

I have got the same problem.
When this occurs (on my main server - shit happens....) there was no access to TS, or SMB shares... When I log on std console - there was few print jobs on spooler.... Somewhere in Web I've foun article about DCOM service and "Allow interact with desktop" option... In other words - I've DISABLED "interact with desktop" on spooler service - we'll see what happens...

:)
loterski

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:39 pm

Anonymous wrote:^^^^ That was actually a changed one i got after starting in safe mode.
The usual one is;

The server {9F92FFA3-40D1-475A-9323-A39C705DAB86} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Help???

Temp files and java objects

Postby Miguel » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:50 am

Well I have just experienced this, I have cleared Temp files in IE and removed all objects ( java ) and here is no more errors in Event Viewer.
Miguel

Solution for 10010 ID Event and not runnig servicee

Postby Fixerion » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:14 pm

I run my windows xp profi in Safe mode and started system restore to any point in the history. All system resources started OK.
Fixerion

Fixed it....

Postby dnevue » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:05 am

Hello,

For anyone else who has this issue and stumbles upon this thread, I found what was causing it on my PC - Norton Internet Security. I completely uninstalled NIS, and then reinstalled NIS from scratch, and everything was back to normal. In fact, several system instabilities were suddenly eliminated.

So my guess is, at least in my case, something in NIS got corrupted, and the uninstall/reinstall fixed it.

I've been running XP Pro error free now for 2-3 months.

David
dnevue

Postby Noob! » Sun May 01, 2005 4:55 pm

Hey

start -> run
Dcomcnfg.exe

go to component services -> click
computer -> click on DCOM configuration

when your get an message that X is connected/linked etc. to DCOM or something like that click on yes

reboot

that done the trick here!

(I got this error after running a registry cleaner)
Noob!

Event ID:10010 "Server did not register..."

Postby guest » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:40 am

try re-applying this microsoft update : KB871260

Postby Eldopa » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:40 pm

Concerning: 0C0A3666-30C9-11D0-8F20-00805F2CD064

start -> run
Dcomcnfg.exe

Look for "Machine Debug Manager"

Under Location: Uncheck "Run Application on this Computer"

Click OK

This was on my Windows 2000 SP4 and BAM. Fixed, no more errors in Event viewer either.

Eldopa
Eldopa

Postby gcobb » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:25 pm

I ran dcomcnfg and I immediately got 2 messages saying something in MS Office wasn't registered. So I clicked yes to register then, then unchecked to run the application like someone else said. I hope this didn't screw anything up.
gcobb

Google Ads

PreviousNext

Return to Windows Events