event No. 10005 DCOM got error

Discuss Windows Event Log events. What they mean, what they tell you about your machine's security ... and whatever questions else you have.

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Re: DCOM - Event 10005

Postby Miny-me » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:48 pm

George7 wrote:Please help me guys!

I got the message below at the event viewer :

DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service upnphost with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{204810B9-73B2-11D4-BF42-00B0D0118B56}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I followed the link from the previous post but I couldn't manage it. I'm waiting about 2.5 minutes to get started my Windows!!

I have same problem :(
Miny-me
New

Operator Message received....loading, please wait.

Postby battlecut » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:15 pm

Check this out

http://_/display.asp?even ... OM&phase=1

Cheers
battlecut
battlecut
New

Re: event No. 10005 DCOM got error

Postby catdog » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:18 pm

Set "Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) Device Host", in Services to Manual. If it isn't then you will get the errors you are getting. God!, Don't delete anything from your reg. Good luck.
catdog
New

Re: event No. 10005 DCOM got error

Postby slowtony » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:58 pm

I realize that this is an old thread. Nevertheless it currently comes up at the top of a Google search for 'DCOM service 10005 iisadmin' (which issue also befell my machine), so I thought a reply would be useful. Some of the suggestions for resolution in this thread go well beyond the minimum action needed to stop DCOM's recurring log protests.

The machine on which I had this issue is an HP Media Center PC (m7490n) running Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition with Service Pack 3. The IIS Admin service manages Internet Information Server (World Wide Web Publishing service) and the FTP server (FTP Publishing service). I had all three services Disabled. I set all three to Manual through the Services management tool. The result was that DCOM could start the IIS Admin service, did so, and stopped complaining. The two services I don't choose to run all the time, IIS and the FTP server, were NOT started by DCOM. I can choose to start or stop them at will. Yes, one more unnecessary service is running (IIS Admin). If your machine is like mine, it's only one of dozens out there that are rarely used, and my System log is back to recording useful events.
slowtony
New

Google Ads

Previous

Return to Windows Events