Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

Database Monitor

Support, Questions and Discussions on MonitorWare Agent

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Database Monitor

Postby sparcel » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:47 pm

I have a situation occurring that I am not sure is being caused by a problem with the database monitor agent or something in the way I have configured it.

The DB monitor is configured to perform a "select * from tb_SecurityLog" with a check interval of 15 seconds, overrun prevention delay of 1ms. This is a table that has a large volume of activity. The ID Field name is ID. If I set the "Last ID value" to some value in the middle of the database (confirmed by querying the DB directly) and start the agent, everything runs correctly for a while. It seems that when the Monitorware agent "catches up" and gets to the last record of the database one of two things are happening. One some occasions the Last ID value gets set to a very large value (for example last record is actually 3400000 but last ID value is set to 140000000) and then no additional records are read since the last ID value is greater than any record in the database. Other times when the agent gets to the end of the database, the last ID value gets set to -9661047 and this apparently causes the agent to begin reading at the beginning of the database again (my guess from looking at the output file). I can see the ID field incrementing in the output file and then it jumps to an earlier (at least 5000) record and begins working it's way back to the end.

Is this something being cause by the way I have it configured or some other issue?
sparcel
Avarage

Postby alorbach » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:06 pm

Hi,

thanks for the detailed explanation. To me it sounds like the the read of the last ID does not always work correctly for some reason, and gets filled with wrong values.

In order to track the problem I would need a debuglog with minimal and error enabled where the problems happens at least once. If possible create such a debug file, and zip it together with an export of your configuration and send it straight to support@adiscon.com. I will handle the case there, and will try to reproduce and analyze the problem.

best regards,
Andre Lorbach
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby sparcel » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:04 pm

Please let me know if you received the data I sent to support yesterday. Our spam controls can be aggressive at times and e-mails do not always get delivered.
sparcel
Avarage

Postby alorbach » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:19 pm

received and answered today, sorry for the little delay.
alorbach
Site Admin

Google Ads

Return to MonitorWare Agent