Check other logs

Support, Questions and Discussions on EventReporter

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Check other logs

Postby mathis94 » Mon May 31, 2010 3:16 am

Hi,
I'm trying EventReporter for my company, in our servers...

I have 2 questions

The first one is :

I have tried to report the Apache_errors file of the software called Wamp via EventReporter.
And I have the error :
Code: Select all
240   | 1275272913 | Error   | CInfoSourceNTEventReport|ShowEvtLog: Could not Open the EventLog Profile 'wamp' - GetLastError = 32

I have configured it by adding the" Read eventlog from file" in a new Eventlogtype, the file is c:/wamp/log/apache_error.log.

Could you tell me if Eventreporter can check the logs from others well known application or its just a problem of configuration, if yes could you help me ?

The second one is :
On my LogAnalyser all windows Application errors are called EvntSLog, why ?

Thank you !
mathis94
New

Re: Check other logs

Postby friedl » Mon May 31, 2010 10:22 am

Hi,

the Apache log file is a flat text file, not a Eventlog file. To poll the entries from such a file you need the File Monitor Service. This is not included in EventReporter. You would need to use MonitorWare Agent for this. You can find it at http://www.mwagent.com/download/.

Regarding question 2: The entry "EvntSlog" is the syslog tag which is set for all Windows Events. If you review System Events in LogAnalyzer, this would be the same. But if you would store syslog messages in your database this field would be named "syslog". But, this view is only available in the syslog view. In the upper right corner is a box with some dropdown fields. Change the "Select View" to "Eventlog Fields". This gives you a better overview for EventLog entries.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards,

Florian Riedl
friedl
Adiscon Support

Postby mathis94 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:05 am

Thank you, could you tell me how to do it with monitorware?
Ive installed it but the agent has almost the same configuration as eventreporter.
Could you help me to know how to extract log of those apache logs and send it to our rsyslog server?
Thank you
mathis94
New

Postby friedl » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:03 am

Check out this guide: http://www.mwagent.com/articles/how-to- ... phplogcon/

It should hold all the information needed. It describes how to set up MonitorWare Agent correctly for monitoring text files. For your forwarding you can again use the "Forward via Syslog" action.
friedl
Adiscon Support

Google Ads

Return to EventReporter