Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

Attachment Progblems

Support, Questions and Discussions on SimpleMail

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Attachment Progblems

Postby lopez_dan » Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:49 pm

I'm having a problem sending attachments using a unc. If the file I want to attach is on the local maching it works fine, but if I want to path it to a server file like \\Bocc1\IMGPERSN\6714_0001.tif I get a blank attachment. Any suggestions?
lopez_dan

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:11 pm

Hi,

are you sure you are talking about WinSyslog? I ask because WinSyslog does not support any attachments ... so this may be the answer to your issue...

Rainer

Postby lopez_dan » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:12 pm

Sorry no. I'm using SimpleMail
lopez_dan

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:24 pm

OK, I move that thread over....

Rainer

Re: Attachment Progblems

Postby alorbach » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:29 pm

lopez_dan wrote:I'm having a problem sending attachments using a unc. If the file I want to attach is on the local maching it works fine, but if I want to path it to a server file like \\Bocc1\IMGPERSN\6714_0001.tif I get a blank attachment. Any suggestions?

How are you calling SImplemail in this case? Over a vb script?
Over an ASP site?
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby rgerhards » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:31 pm

If you are using SimpleMail with a service (eg. with IIS when using it in ASP pages), you can unfortunately not simply access a remote share. The reason is that Windows prevents system services under the "local system" account from accessing remote shares. When you run under IIS, the authenticated user (if any) is used, but again that user does typically not have permissions. Neither (hopefully ;)) the anonymous user has.

If you *really* need to have this functionality, please see your web server system adminstrator and ask him if he could assign these permissions (but most probably he will reply "no ... to insecure"). I think you can also use an IIS virtual directory to (moderately securely) access a remote file. Again, you need to see the web server admin for this.

I hope this at least clarifies.

Rainer
rgerhards
Site Admin

Postby lopez_dan » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:47 pm

Thanks rgerhards. I thought it was a permission problem. I'll get with my administrator and see what he says. Thanks again...
lopez_dan

Google Ads

Return to SimpleMail