Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

ADO Error Number: -2147217887

Support, Questions and Discussions on NewsMerge

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:57 pm

Hello,

I have been intermittantly getting the following error the past couple weeks when I do a "mail check" and it's downloading my new subscriber mail:

The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data.

Please help! :)

**Update** I just downloaded the mail through outlook express since newsmerge kept getting stuck on it. I looked at the email newsmerge was getting stuck on, and it was a "reply" back to one of the newsletters I had sent out. It appears that the amount of data coming in was too much for it to handle, since the reply included a complete copy of the newsletter I had sent out. This type of email should get forwarded to the useless email address I have setup, and not give an error like this.
Mark

Postby alorbach » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:57 am

Sounds like some strange Problem.
If it comes back, kindly try out the rolling beta version: http://forum.adiscon.com/viewtopic.php?t=30
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:59 pm

Hi,

That's the build I'm already on, since that build is the one you released to fix the last problem I had.
Mark

Postby alorbach » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:23 pm

Hi,

oh ok. However, If you experience the problem again, could you kindly forward this problem email to me?

Thanks ;)
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:44 pm

Ok, will do. As a "fix", I have changed the reply email address from the issues I publish to my real email address, so they don't come into Newsmerge anymore. So, this should solve the problem, as Newsmerge will now only be receiving emails from sign-ups on my webpage directly for the newsletter. I just wanted to let you know about the problem, as it seems Newsmerge has a "cut off" of how long the email can be that it received and attempts to process.
Mark

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:04 pm

Just got the error again. This time the body of the email was very small. The only thing "long" was the subject of the email, which seems to be what's causing this error. I have forwarded the email to you just now. Please let me know that you received the email and let me know what you think.
Mark

Postby alorbach » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:20 pm

Hi,

the subject was to long, so the email couldn't be added into the database.
As a fix I will add a check for this and NewsMerge will trunscate the subject next time.

I will update the rolling beta with this fix asap.
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:40 pm

Thank you! :)
Mark

Google Ads

Return to NewsMerge