Information: Forum is in read-only mode
For details and other support options see https://www.adiscon.com/news/support-forum-set-to-read-only-mode/

ADO error message when checking mail

Support, Questions and Discussions on NewsMerge

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:36 pm

Thank you SO very much! I will give the new version a try, and let you know if any other issues arise from it.

I really appreciate your help! :)
Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:58 pm

Hello,

Things have been working great since you sent me the updated newsmerge file. :) But, today, I got for the first time with the new version, the same ADO error. I will send you a copy of the database again, and hopefully you will be able to see what caused it this time.

Thanks again,
Mark

Postby alorbach » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:12 am

Hi,

ok I gonna look into it and send you a fix soon ;)
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:20 pm

Hello,

Any progress on this? I sent several emails, but didn't get a reply. I'm hoping you received them okay (with a copy of my database, and an attachment with the email which was giving me problems).

I did update to the latest MDAC Version 2.8, but that didn't help. I think there might still be something in the headers which is causing this error. Like I said, it's not nearly as bad as it used to be before the 1st fix you sent me. But the ADO error is still happening every couple days.

Thanks again for your time and help with this. I really appreciate it.
Mark

Postby alorbach » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:55 am

Hi,

I am sorry for the delay, I was very busy with Server maintenance the last few days. This ADO bug is very strange here. For one try during my testing with your subscription email, I got the error message.

But after that, it went fine all the time. No more error. So I am still not able to reproduce it :(.

Can you try to set the Maintenance->Log Level to Debug and let NewsMerge run until the next error. It will possible output some more informations.
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:38 pm

Ok, will try running in the debug mode to see if it yields any useful information.

Thanks again,
Mark

Postby alorbach » Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:52 am

Hi Mark,

I send you a fixed version of NewsMerge.
With your help, I was able to resolve the problem.

The reason for the error was the [ Character which has a special meaning for NewsMerge when processing new emails. It will be checked no before the email is stored into the database, so the "invalid pattern string" should not occur anymore.

Edit: Mark fyi, the Version I send you has also been updated in the Rolling Beta Package ;)
See thread http://forum.adiscon.com/viewtopic.php?t=30
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:24 pm

Hi Andre,

Thank you SO much! The new version works GREAT! :) I sure appreciate your help in fixing this bug.
Mark

Google Ads

Previous

Return to NewsMerge