Various Installation Issues

Everything which is related to the installation of phpLogCon.

Google Ads

Various Installation Issues

Postby rootifera » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:39 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to get LogAnalyzer working since last night. I'm having few issues, I'll try to list them here.

Webserver: Apache2.4 + PHP 5.6.27
DB : MySQL 5.5.53
LogAnalyzer 4.1.5

I configured it as an apache vhost, I have permissions correct, config.php writable and rest are owned by www-data.

I am getting the install.php successfully, each step completes without any error message. However there are issues.

Step 4 - Create Tables:

In previous step I'm adding the db connection information and I'm getting a thumbs up. On this step it tells me "The next step will be to create the necessary database tables used by the LogAnalyzer User System." But once I run this step and check the database I can't see any tables. Is this intended?

After Installation

After installation when I try to access loganalyzer I'm getting HTTP500, this is what I see in the error-log.

Code: Select all
PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/websites/url.goes.here/config.php on line 86, referer: http://url.goes.here/install.php?step=8

So I think the input I'm giving during the install steps is not written into the config.php even though installation confirms that the config.php is writable and rest of the config.php content is in the file.

$CFG['PrependTitle'] = "";                                     
$CFG['ViewUseTodayYesterday'] = 1;                     
$CFG['ViewMessageCharacterLimit'] = ;         
$CFG['ViewStringCharacterLimit'] = ;           
$CFG['ViewEntriesPerPage'] = ;                 
$CFG['ViewEnableDetailPopups'] = ;                     
$CFG['ViewDefaultTheme'] = "default";

As you can see values from the installation isn't there. When I put these values manually then I can make logAnalyzer work.

User DB and Login Loop

This is the second stage of the issues. Just like before, i believe userdb information is not written into the config.php,

$CFG['UserDBEnabled'] = false;
$CFG['UserDBServer'] = 'localhost';
$CFG['UserDBPort'] = 3306;
$CFG['UserDBName'] = 'loganalyzer';
$CFG['UserDBPref'] = 'logcon_';
$CFG['UserDBUser'] = 'root';
$CFG['UserDBPass'] = '';
$CFG['UserDBLoginRequired'] = false;
$CFG['UserDBAuthMode'] = 0;

which is OK, I completed it manually and added $CFG['UserDBConvertAllowed'] = true; as well. After accessing convert.php I'm following the steps.

After step 2 I have my tables successfully created.
mysql> show tables;
+-----------------------+
| Tables_in_loganalyzer |
| logcon_charts         |
| logcon_config         |
| logcon_dbmappings     |
| logcon_fields         |
| logcon_groupmembers   |
| logcon_groups         |
| logcon_savedreports   |
| logcon_searches       |
| logcon_sources        |
| logcon_users          |
| logcon_views          |
11 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Following that I'm creating the user and getting "Successfully created User 'admin'." message. Also checking the database I can see user has been added to logcon_users.

As the step 8 appears, I'm getting "Congratulations! You have successfully converted your existing LogAnalyzer installation :)!" message, all looks good.

Now I have a button called "login" but it's not coming as a login prompt, I can still read the logs without login in. Is this expected?

So I have decided to change the config.php manually again to change "$CFG['UserDBLoginRequired'] = false;" to "true.

Now it's asking me to login before displaying any log content, that's good. However now I can't login. I'm giving the correct username and password and as soon as I click to login it goes back to the login screen. When I put an incorrect login info it reports "Wrong username or password!" so it seems like login really validates my user account but somehow doesn't go anywhere after that.

There's nothing in error-log, these are the lines generated in the access-log as soon as I click login with a valid account.

1.2.3.4 - - [06/Dec/2016:14:35:52 +0000] "POST /login.php HTTP/1.1" 302 632 "http://url.goes.here/login.php" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/54.0.2840.99 Safari/537.36"
1.2.3.4 - - [06/Dec/2016:14:35:53 +0000] "GET /index.php HTTP/1.1" 302 585 "http://url.goes.here/login.php" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/54.0.2840.99 Safari/537.36"
1.2.3.4 - - [06/Dec/2016:14:35:53 +0000] "GET /login.php?referer=%2Findex.php HTTP/1.1" 200 3316 "http://url.goes.here/login.php" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/54.0.2840.99 Safari/537.36"

Please let me know if you require any more information and thank you for your help :)

rooti.
rootifera
New

Urgent Question?

• Pulling out your Hair?
  • Wasting Time and Money?
  • Deadline Approaching?

Google Ads

Return to Installation