Event ID 299: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory

Discuss Windows Event Log events. What they mean, what they tell you about your machine's security ... and whatever questions else you have.

Moderator: alorbach

Google Ads

Event ID 299: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory

Postby andrewsheldon98 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:16 pm

How do i fix the error message below.

Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

WinXP Home, and im try to install a piece of software from a CD/DVD-ROM drive. [/b]
andrewsheldon98

Postby evtimokn » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:26 pm

I get the same error under windows xp professional. I thnik the windows is buggy. I use a cd-ROM drive to read the disc.
evtimokn

Postby alorbach » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:31 pm

Does this error happen when you install nwe software (any kind of ) or when you install Windows? I would say either the cd or the dvd drive is damaged. :roll:
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby Maximous » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:16 pm

I get the same message when i use any cd in my cd drive.
Maximous

Postby alorbach » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:28 am

There is a tool called IsoBuster (google for it). Try copying data from your cd / dvd drive using this tool. It may will output a better error message then windows.
alorbach
Site Admin

Postby mustang-gx » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:16 pm

Hi,

I've got the same problem but it is with any kind of programm under windows xp pro (outlook, smallball, .....)

I have norton that find some viruses (W32.HLLW.Niklas and ) and then, the error ....
mustang-gx
New

Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory reque

Postby meyster » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:45 am

Possible solution: (Worked for me)

I was getting this error with my HPDVD 630i (DVD writer) and HP instructed me to do this....

Go into your device manager->IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. Right click on secondary and choose properties. Go to the advanced settings tab and choose PIO only for "transfer mode". I would ensure that your drive is connected to the secondary controller first though.

I'm not sure why this works, but HP tech support had me try about 5 things and this one finally worked.

HP told me on several occations that they have compatability issues with Nero software. He said 1 and 100 will work with Nero.

Hoppe this helps. Good luck.
meyster

Right on Meyster

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:59 pm

Thanks man, I was having the same problem, followed your advice and it works now. Thanks a bunch dude, you're awsome.

Good fix

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:05 am

Glad I found this - I just bought a new dvd player and the damn thing wouldn't work until I did this. Thanks!

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:40 am

AWESOME!!! It fixed it! here I was ready to reinstall windows!! *phew* Thanks a bunch!

thank you

Postby thankfull (ever!) learner » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:58 pm

stumbled on this post through google (getting to end of tether and about to return brand spanking new drive) and it worked

thanks a bunch
thankfull (ever!) learner

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:22 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

You saved me so much trouble!!!

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:14 am

Phew, Thanks for the great advice, I was sure my new DVD was bust and I couldnt find the reciept, so you have saved me a lot of frustration.

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:36 am

omg. wow. ty much.

Postby Cody » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:46 pm

Thanks, you solved my problem. :)
Cody

Google Ads

Next

Return to Windows Events